City of Toronto
Systems Integrator 1
Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Technology Management, the Systems Integrator 1 will participate on multiple IT projects as Solid Waste continues to execute on the implementation of its IT Strategy. The Systems Integrator 1 provides expertise and advice related to business requirements gathering and documentation, process mapping, stakeholder engagement, project and work package management, test case planning and documentation and data analysis.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with clients to discuss/assess clients needs.
- Contributes to the development of project charters, statements of work and project plans.
- Identifies risks and prepares action plans to mitigate.
- Conducts or leads team in delivery of projects or work packages.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with internal & external groups on accomplishment of deliverables.
- Prepares and presents status report and variance explanation for projects or work packages.
- Prepares findings & “Lessons Learned” from post-implementation project reviews.
- Assesses, analyzes, evaluates and recommends process & policy alternatives for projects & work packages.
- Redesigns business principles, processes, policies and standards by recommending best practices and improvements to current processes.
- Determines business requirements and builds consensus amongst clients.
- Prepares Business Plans, Gap Analysis, Logical Data Models and Design documents for proposed solutions that leverage information & technology as part of the solution.
- Provides input to Data Management teams on transformation of clients’ business requirements.
- Recommends improvements to current methodology, process, standards, and policies.
- Assists staff in understanding of business processes and logic.
- Liaises with staff in development of test strategy, test cases & test scripts for system, performance, usability and acceptance testing of system solutions developed.
- Leads team to draft implementation & rollout strategies and plans.
- Conducts walk-through of deliverables to identify potential problems.
- Prepares training material and documentation for use by clients and staff.
- Conducts training for client and their staff.
- Collaborates with clients on “Go / No Go” cut-over decisions e.g. roll-outs.
- Contributes to the preparation of RFI/P/Qs and other formal project documentation.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, business administration or other discipline pertinent to the job function or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Considerable experience preparing and documenting business cases, gap analysis, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements and system specifications.
- Considerable experience developing test cases and test scripts for performance, usability and acceptance testing, and executing and documenting test results of technology solutions and business processes.
- Considerable experience using a variety of software packages including process design software (e.g. Visio), project management software (e.g., MS Project) and MS Office (e.g., Power Point, Excel, Access, and Word).
- Experience contributing to development of RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and evaluation & selection of technical solutions. You must also have:
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to conceptualize and develop options and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the team, collaboratively with others and independently as required.
- Advanced time management and estimation capabilities and ability to perform several tasks and projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and skills to evaluate and recommend new technology for introduction into a complex technical environment including geospatial and mobile technology would be an asset.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) designation would be an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at , quoting the job ID #2299402 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
City of Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 07, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|