Yorkville Asset Management Inc.
TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION
About Yorkville Asset Management Inc. (Yorkville)
Yorkville is a boutique investment management firm and discretionary portfolio manager catering to high net worth clients, business owners, foundations and institutional clients. Yorkville is the investment fund manager of seven mutual funds distributed to clients by third-party IIROC and MFDA advisors. We manage all our funds internally.
Yorkville is also the manager and promoter of the Yorkville Long Term Health Care Fund (HCF) that owns and operates 2,400+ government funded nursing care beds throughout Ontario. This fund is distributed by both Yorkville and third party exempt market dealers.
Yorkville’s portfolio management team is based in Toronto, while our marketing and relationship managers are located both in Toronto and in our satellite branches. Yorkville satellite branches are in Ottawa, London (Ontario) with an expansion plan to launch into the Calgary and Vancouver markets.
Type of Position:
12 month contract and could potentially become full time position
Technology Specialist (Toronto):
The Technology Specialist will have three primary roles at Yorkville:
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of Yorkville’s IT infrastructure. Key responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of and providing technical support for Yorkville’s IT platform, including IT programs, systems, software licenses and devices.
- Providing end user support, including troubleshooting to assess a root cause of IT issues (when required).
- Proactively improving upon Yorkville’s systems and IT processes and services.
- Managing the day to day operations of Yorkville’s IT infrastructure.
- Becoming a subject matter expert for Yorkville’s IT services and products.
- Ensuring all devices and data is adequately backed up.
- Set up computers and other IT devices for new employees and decommission computers and other devices for terminated employees.
- Staying current with technological developments.
- Responsible for identifying and appropriately managing technology risks, including potential cyber-attacks. Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and coordinating the implementation and execution of a security / risk framework throughout the organization.
- Identifying and managing cybersecurity risk.
- Ensuring Yorkville is compliant with industry-wide cybersecurity standards.
- Monitoring access controls and authorization levels.
- Implementing Yorkville’s cyber security policies and procedures and continuously improving upon them.
- Scenario testing and analysis.
- Reporting on Yorkville’s cybersecurity initiatives.
- Developing and implementing a training program for Yorkville employees.
- Accountable for website, and potentially an App, development and maintenance. Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Marketing to continuously update and maintain Yorkville's website (currently using Joomla platform). This includes both an understanding of computer programming and graphic design.
- Responsible for amending issues related to data feeds (fund information provided by RBC) or security of the website.
- Conducting digital retouching and image editing.
- Creating ad-hoc satellite websites, as required.
- Keeping up-to-date with recent technological and software developments.
The Technology Specialist role is ideally suited for a self-motivated and driven individual who takes initiative and would like to enhance their skills / knowledge and take on an increasing amount of responsibility. We are looking for an individual who is able to work with minimal supervision.
A post-secondary degree in IT or a related field, at least 5 years of prior experience in a related role, and working knowledge of the Joomla and WordPress platform are required. A keen interest in IT related initiatives and trends is also required. This individual must be knowledgeable about industry standards and practices.
The role requires an individual who is extremely organized, possesses excellent communication and problem solving skills, has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work effectively with the Yorkville team. This individual must be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, as Yorkville is a highly fluid and fast pace environment – in addition, this individual must be open to and comfortable with constantly evolving and changing priorities and new challenges. This individual must demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills.
Salary range depends on experience. Opportunity to extend contract and/or full time employment.
Job Type: Contract
- experience in related role: 5 years
Yorkville Asset Management Inc.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 07, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|