Producer assigned to Edmonton AM (English Services) - EDM00568
Producer, assigned to Edmonton AM (English Services) - EDM00568
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Edmonton
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Edmonton is looking for a Producer to join our Radio Current Affairs team. The Producer is responsible primarily for the top-rated morning program, Edmonton AM. S/he will assign and oversee all staff to effectively and efficiently cover the stories and issues affecting the people of Edmonton and Northern Alberta. The Producer reports to the Executive Producer and is a key member of the CBC Edmonton Current Affairs team. The producer is expected to make independent editorial decisions, with the most up-to-date news and information, ready for the early morning team.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
- Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout Edmonton and the rest of the province. You’re innovative and will try new things, new work flows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
- Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Edmonton and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content. You will set a new benchmark in editorial leadership around community stories.
- Culture: You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
Please note this is a Sunday through Thursday evening shift, starting at 1 p.m.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent with five years' experience of which three must involve work in broadcasting or a closely related industry, which is directly related to the area of assignment.
- A strong team leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Demonstrated talent as a programmer with an ear for pacing, tone, presentation and production.
- Superior writing, editorial and production skills. Interest in cross-platform media production.
- Solid journalistic background.
- An ability to choose relevant, audience focused stories, which reflect issues being discussed by the general public.
- Quick to react and respond to breaking stories.
- Interest and knowledge of events and issues in the community.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of conflict resolution, mentoring, talent recognition and development.
- An innovator and risk taker.
- A commitment to reflecting community and diversity.
- Demonstrated Social Media skills.
- Demonstrated connection to the communities of Edmonton.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5aa19c636c1337042db4c51d/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Mar 10, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)