Penguin Random House Canada
Social Media Coordinator
Penguin Random House Canada is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join the marketing team. Acting as our community manager, you will work across our internal divisions, building relationships with readers, engaging with owned and external content and helping develop and execute our social media management strategy.
This is an exciting role for a social-savvy communicator who can inspire and facilitate online conversations, understand how to effectively use content across multiple accounts and platforms, and has an understanding of social media trends and analytics. We're looking for someone who is highly creative and skilled at writing, with experience managing multiple accounts, seamlessly aligning voice and tone with the different audiences and objectives.
What You’ll Do:
· Monitor and moderate all social media channels across imprints, generating engagement and social buzz with our communities.
· Write copy, as per creative guidelines of each platform, as well as the brand guidelines of the different divisions.
· Publish planned content as scheduled.
· Work with the internal advertising team on a social amplification strategy and management of paid posts.
· Build and maintain online relationships with key influencers across Canada.
· Identify customer support cases, and collaborate with internal teams to reach a resolution.
· Monitor external conversations to find opportunities, trends and conversations relevant to our authors and titles – then bring them to the team with creative concepts and content ideas.
· Keep marketing team members up to date on the growth and sentiment across channels.
· Manage day-to-day monitoring and analytics programs and provide ongoing recommendations on how to optimize content and communications.
· Actively stay on top of industry trends, benchmarks, platform updates, and emerging technologies.
· 1-2 years of related experience in digital/social media communications.
· Deep understanding of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
· Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, and ability to adapt voice across social channels.
· An understanding of community engagement and the importance of fostering an online community.
· A diligent approach to organization, ensuring all content is published on time, and monitoring and engagement is completed and tracked.
· Strong ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects.
· Self-starter, with the ability to work both independently, and as part of a larger team.
· Dedicated commitment to capitalize on unexpected social media moments, and ability to identify creative ways to link those back to our imprints and titles
· Experience with scheduling and reporting tools (i.e. Sprout Social) considered an asset
· And of course, a real passion for books
This position is located in our Toronto office. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: CanadaSalesMarketingApps@penguinrandomhouse.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, we will only contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 416-364-4449, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Penguin Random House Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
|Code:||Social Media Coordin|
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Penguin Random House Canada
320 Front Street West, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||writing, editing, communication, social media, creative, analytics|
|Posted:||Mar 16, 2018|