theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular multi-sport news and data apps in North America, serving millions of fans a month. The Company also creates innovative digital sports experiences through its web, social and esports platforms.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Edit and publish posts produced by theScore’s team of news editors across a variety of sports leagues, including NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, NCAA football and basketball, soccer tennis, golf and MMA.
- Provide editorial guidance and constructive feedback to news editors.
- Adhere to theScore’s editorial guidelines and policies.
- Other duties are required.
- Previous experience as a copy editor and/or writer in a post-secondary or professional newsroom setting.
- Extensive sports knowledge, particularly with regards to the four major professional sports leagues, as well as the following: NCAA football and basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, auto racing, and mixed martial arts.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling and an ability to work nights and weekends.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience with social media.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take on other projects as they come up.
- Previous experience in sports media preferred but not required.
- Journalism degree preferred.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 18, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
500 King Street West
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 27, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)