VICE Media Canada
Motherboard Senior Editor (Mat Leave Coverage)
Motherboard Senior Editor - 12-18 month contractat VICE Canada
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Motherboard Senior Editor (Canada) - 12-18 month contract
REPORTS TO: Motherboard Editor-in Chief (NYC), Deputy Editor (Canada)
OVERVIEW: Motherboard is an online magazine and video channel dedicated to the intersection of technology, science, and humans. Motherboard is looking for an experienced journalist with a deep awareness of the new technologies, cultures, and discoveries are constantly reshaping this planet to join the editorial team at our Canadian HQ in Toronto.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all of the Canadian-generated content on Motherboard.
- Writing, editing, and maintaining relationships with editorial freelancers.
- Providing editorial direction to staff writer(s) and intern(s).
- Monitoring the editorial budget and ensuring the site is hitting content quotas.
- Able to brainstorm concepts for documentaries and video segments.
- Comfortable being on camera.
- Coordinating with the US team regarding daily/ongoing strategies for Motherboard.
- Managing greater integration with the US team, and oversight of stories commissioned for Motherboard from around the world.
- Coordinate with Special Projects Editors / Director of News and Digital / Marketing / Comms on publishing and rollout of projects, including creation of visual assets, etc.
- 3-5 years of journalistic experience.
- Deep cultural awareness of Canadian tech, science, news, culture.
- Experience with managing a team of journalists is an asset.
- Video production experience is an asset.
- Expert in all forms of social media with a key understanding of their role in the news media.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
VICE Media Canada
78 Mowat Ave.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Journalist, Writer, Editor|
|Posted:||Apr 10, 2018|
|Closing:||May 31, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)