VICE Media Canada
Archives & Clearances Supervisor (Mat Leave Coverage)
Archive Rights and Clearances Supervisor - 12-18 month contractat VICE Canada
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Archive Rights and Clearances Supervisor – 12-18 month contract
REPORTS TO: Line Producer
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a Archive Rights and Clearances Supervisor to cover a Maternity Leave. This individual will work across all VICE digital productions ensuring all archival releases are in tact prior to each program's airdate.
- Leads all visual research and archival clearances for all production at VICE Canada
- Supervises Visual Researchers working on VICE Canada projects
- Provides instruction, guidance, and supervision of Associate Producers, Production Coordinators, and Production Assistants in visual research and clearances
- Manages all company-wide archival and news wire subscriptions
- Manages archival budgets across all productions
- Works closely with producers and editors to find the best archival materials for productions
- Liaises with Legal Departments (both in-house and external counsel) to ensure all archival materials are being used in accordance with regulations, company policies, and industry standards
- Coordinates all releases and invoices from archival material suppliers
- Works in partnership with Production Managers on Errors & Omissions reviews for all video content
- Supervises all paperwork and license reporting (Red Sheets, archival Insider entries) for all productions
- Works closely with New York VICE office, especially when sourcing VICE-filmed footage from previous productions
- Creates Archive Cue Sheets and Red Sheets to maintain clear, concise records of all archival materials in all projects
- Serves as main contact for all third-party material and screening requests (re-publication of text articles, photo re-use permissions, footage licensing, etc.). Negotiates fees & terms, coordinates deliverables, and manages all related paperwork/invoicing as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience at Television, Film, Licensing or Digital Media Companies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Intimate knowledge of the content found oncom, VICE Magazine and other VICE properties
- Strong research abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MAC environment
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline collaborative environment
- Creative problem-solving skills and a relentless work ethic
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
VICE Media Canada
78 Mowat Ave.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Archives, Licensing, Television, clearances|
|Posted:||Apr 12, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)