POSITION: Graphics Designer (3 Month Contract with possible extension, 25-35 hours/week)
You will be working in a team environment within our Graphics Design Group. As a Graphics Designer, you will be expected to design solutions to communicate our message with a high visual impact. Your function will include but is not limited to:
- Meeting with Senior Management to discuss business objects and requirements for particular projects.
- Demonstrating illustrative skills
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and PC design Software (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop).
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall project(s) objectives.
- Experience working with, manipulating, and developing vectors.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media (particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat).
- Responsible for photographing product packaging, retail displays and merchandising.
- Instrumental in creating high impact catalogues to our retail clients.
- Photograph products and edit photos to be used on website, catalogues, sales materials etc..
While performing your duties, you will be expected to possess the following qualities:
Candidatel should be a quick learner,ability to handle multiple tasks, and have solid business instincts. Candidate should have the ability to work well with others, be a good communicator, and have exceptional computer skills in MS Office as well as various Adobe software programs. Candidate must have the ability to solve problems, the ability to begin, manage and finish multiple projects simultaneously and be extremely organized. Candidate must have the proven ability to manage and organize a heavy flow of information, the ability to work under pressure and have a good use of memory.
- Post Secondary training in graphics design.
- 3-5 years experience in graphics design ideally in a retail/distribution vertical.
- Must have 2+ years experience designing with Illustrator and Photoshop.
Multicraft is an Ottawa based Import/Distribution Company that specializes in Arts, Crafts, Paper Crafts and Home Décor trends at extremely competitive prices. For more information on MultiCraft, please visit our website: www.multicraft.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- Graphic Design: 2 years
- Ottawa, ON
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 16, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)