Pelmorex (Home of The Weather Network)
Media Engineering Technician
The Media Engineering Technician will provide audio/video technical support to Pelmorex Weather Networks. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and installation of audio/video equipment. This role will provide the day-to-day technical support and perform technical maintenance on audio/video equipment.
What we’ll expect from YOU:
- Daily testing and checking of audio/video equipment, networks, servers, media asset management, transcoders and all other audio/video equipment used within the Pelmorex Weather Network studios
- Provide on-going communication and operational support to internal clients.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks, including technical support to clients; maintenance; calibration; and repair
- Modification and installation of different systems, devices, instruments and electronic equipment used in the operation of a television studio
- Some physical work required (lifting, pulling, etc.)
- Rotation shift work, 8 hours during the week, 12 hour shifts on the weekend
- Bachelor degree in electronics engineering technology and/or completion of a 2-year Technician program or a 3-year Technologist diploma in Electronics or with a specialization in audio-video or a related field.
- A minimum of two years related experience in maintenance and repair of broadcast quality audio and video equipment is essential
- Certification or experience with A+ Computer Hardware and Cisco Networking
- Familiar with various process like Audio and video transcoding, different file formats
- Basic script writing (Oracle, Python or Java) would be a great asset
- Understanding of IT networking and data protocol and standards
- Understanding of TV play out automation, Video production switchers, NAM and MAM would be a great asset
- Working knowledge of Windows OS.
- Some knowledge of UNIX and LINUX OS
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and VPN required
- Ability to read, write and understand signal flow diagram with familiarity of software like VID CAD, Visio or Auto CAD
- Familiar with different TV standards
- Excellent soldering and cabling techniques
What makes YOU shine:
- You love to take initiative and you’re all about the details!
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment!
- The tighter the deadline the better, you love to work under pressure!
- You are super organized!
- You are a superstar problem solver!
- You love to learn
- Your excellent communication skills make you a true team player!
- You have a flexible schedule, and you don’t mind working on stat holidays (weather never sleeps!)
Now on to the fine print:
Please apply with your resume in any format you want, using this link:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Agencies, we ask that you please not solicit.
Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks include criminal, education, and employment checks.
Pelmorex Corp. is committed to equity in the workplace.
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Why join us? Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Do you have what it takes? We’re looking for people who live and breathe our core values; people who have the WOW factor! Who handle themselves with HONESTY & INTEGRITY and through TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION will INSPIRE INNOVATION & DRIVE CHANGE! People who are RESULTS ORIENTED, have a PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE & EXECUTION and through FOCUS & TENACITY challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers who can ENGAGE PEOPLE with their RESPECT & WIN-WIN attitude. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you?
Pelmorex (Home of The Weather Network)
2655 Bristol Circle
Oakville, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 14, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)