Pelmorex Corp (Home of The Weather Network)
Content Producer - Bilingual
As the Content Producer, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing the audio and video content of all the mediums used on MétéoMédia (TV, web, mobile, TV apps); this includes any other opportunities that arise in the future.
Specifically, you are required to stay informed of weather conditions; follow Programming objectives and guidelines (knowing who our audience is, etc.); and coordinate the production of the weather and news content accordingly. This includes working closely with the Control Room Director and News Writer to ensure that the team (as described below) updates content when necessary and in a timely manner, and maintains the credibility, accuracy and professionalism on all produced and live segments.
Your overall goal is to multi-purpose our content and increase our ratings on TV, as well as improve the audio and video content across the other mediums.
The Job: A day in the life of a Content Producer:
- Increase ratings
- Plan, oversee and take responsibility for all aspects of the content, ensuring high standards are met and exceeded.
- Manage, lead and coordinate a team of on-air Presenters, ENG Editor, News Writers and Graphic Artists, as well as work very closely with the Control Room Director. Take an active role in dealing with personnel issues and conducting timely performance evaluations.
- Responsible for operating some equipment such as Baron, etc.
- Work with the Control Room Director to conduct regular air checks.
- Continuously monitor information sources (newspapers, Internet, news wire and video feeds, etc.) and weather data to ensure the accurate, credible and timely presentation and production of news and weather content.
- Prepare pre-show information for on-air Presenters and attend weather briefings.
- Extra work during active weather may be required.
- Conduct daily pre- and post-show meetings with your team
- Able to work shifts (24/7 environment)
- Proficient in speaking and writing the French language
- Functional level of English
- College diploma or university degree in Communications/Journalism/Television Production
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Television Producer or Director (television news preferred)
What makes you shine?
- Proficient editorial judgment essential, including the ability to write, edit and prepare news scripts and/or other on-air elements
- Knowledge of North American geography, meteorology and current affairs
- Effective team leader
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Organized and meticulous about details
- Some technical capabilities are required (some equipment operation)
- Some experience as control room director
- Management experience
- Interest in weather
Now on to the fine print:
Please apply with your resume to the following link:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Agencies, we ask that you please not solicit.
Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks include criminal, education, and employment checks.
Pelmorex Corp. is committed to equity in the workplace.
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Why join us? Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Do you have what it takes? We’re looking for people who live and breathe our core values; people who have the WOW factor! Who handle themselves with HONESTY & INTEGRITY and through TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION will INSPIRE INNOVATION & DRIVE CHANGE! People who are RESULTS ORIENTED, have a PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE & EXECUTION and through FOCUS & TENACITY challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers who can ENGAGE PEOPLE with their RESPECT & WIN-WIN attitude. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather
|Category:||Audio / Music|
Pelmorex Corp (Home of The Weather Network)
2655 Bristol Circle
Oakville, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 14, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)