Senior Producer Digital (English Services)
Senior Producer, Digital (English Services) - HAL00254
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Halifax
Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) - - -
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Nova Scotia is looking for a Senior Producer of mobile and digital content to lead a team of journalists and be part of a leadership group that oversees the publication of editorial content on several platforms.
Reporting to the Executive Producer of News and Current Affairs, the successful candidate will, along with the station's editorial leadership, actively participate in the news agenda and ensure the accurate and quick delivery of breaking news to CBC’s digital platforms, including cbcnews.ca and our social media platforms. The Senior Producer must be an advocate for our online and digital platforms.
You bring to the role experience and knowledge of digital news, social media strategies, metrics and new story treatments. Working with CBC Nova Scotia’s news leadership team and the team at CBCNews.ca, you will help grow our audience and position CBC as a vibrant, relevant digital service valued by more Nova Scotians than ever before.
You will take part in assigning local writers to the top stories in Nova Scotia and coordinate the efforts of all employees engaged in social media activity on behalf of CBC in Nova Scotia. You will work closely with our journalists and producers in TV and radio. You will help determine appropriate treatments and follow-up on the execution. You will develop and implement a comprehensive photo, video and engagement strategy and you will work with technical staff to overcome technological challenges and ensure all digital tools (hardware and software) are available and working. And you will play a key role in the digital rollout of editorial projects, investigations and events such as elections and provincial budgets. You will track our results, use them to refine our digital approach and share what you learn with your colleagues.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout the province. You’re innovative and will champion new story treatments, a diverse range of content on our digital and social platforms and new workflows. You inspire others to do the same. You’re not afraid to take creative risks.
Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Nova Scotia and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content.
Culture: You live and promote an inclusive and respectful work culture. You have a solid understanding of the diverse culture of Nova Scotia.
As Senior Producer of mobile and digital content, you will bring the following skills and experience to the CBC:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five years recent experience in a digital news environment.
- Strong journalistic skills.
- Substantial experience writing, copy editing, fact-checking and packaging digital content.
- Substantial experience in Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Optimization.
- Ability to assign, manage and motivate staff, coordinate with other departments in a productive manner, and mediate disputes as they arise.
- High-level knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to journalism.
- Excellent general knowledge about Nova Scotia provincial and civic politics, geography, history, and current issues.
- Experience and proven ability to package online news stories in compelling and innovative ways.
- Ability to manage large volumes of fast-moving information and ensure material is directed appropriately.
- Ability to manage news and feature lineups in line with CBC News and audience values.
- Knowledge of user-generated content and social media techniques and policies.
- Excellent online news judgment and ability to work effectively under 24/7 online newsroom deadline pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Use of content management systems such as Polopoly and MPX, as well as social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Canadian Press style; knowledge of CBCNews.ca style an asset.
- Use of social content schedulers for consistent and efficient distribution.
- Basic HTML/CSS.
- Basic video editing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date May 15, 2018, 4:30:03 PM
Unposting Date Jun 27, 2018, 6:59:00 AM
Halifax, NS, CA
|Posted:||Jun 07, 2018|
|Closing:||Jul 06, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)