Morning Show Co-Host
Do you have a positive attitude and the passion to be a star – on-air, on-line and on-the-street? Do you have the desire to be one of the best radio hosts in the industry? If so, we’d like to hear from you today.
Send us your resume and very best demo!
Yes, we’ll require references, your social media links and a little bit about why you are “the one”. But please know that we’ll assume you are hardworking, dedicated, etc. What we really want to know is why you require a little more thought than the other talented candidates. What is it that sets you apart?
MORNING SHOW CO-HOST
Division: Radio – 100.5 Fresh Radio
Work Status: Full-Time – Union Position
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
About the Role:
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Morning Show Co-Host in Peterborough, ON. Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be a motivated, digital savvy, team player who will help grow Fresh Radio’s position in the market. We’re talking both ratings and revenue – on-air and online. The successful candidate will possess definable leadership qualities and thrive on building relationships with co-workers, listeners and clients. ‘Content is King’ so we’re looking for a creative individual who can consistently generate compelling local content for Adults 25-54 (with particular attention to resonating and connecting with Women 25-54) living in Peterborough and area.
- Consistent content curation, show-prep and great storytelling in collaboration with co-host
- Daily content contributions tothe station’s website and social media platforms
- Frequent personal marketing for the show and brand at station events & community functions
- Live remote broadcasts – including afternoons and weekends (as required)
- Regular voice-tracking other day-parts/shifts
- Positive participatory role in air-checks, programming and promotional meetings
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management on an on-going basis
What We Need From You:
- You have a minimum 2-years on-air experience in a morning show role
- You are a dynamic host who can entertain, engage, laugh and “think on your feet”
- You are disciplined with show-prep and excel at bringing compelling content to life
- You are social media savvy and thrive to express your creativity online/on camera
- You strive to embrace your listener’s lifestyle(s) and relate to the station’s target audience
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- You have excellent time management skills
- You excel at collaborating with others yet work well with minimal supervision
- You are a positive person in the halls who thrives on “good culture”
- You are a mature person who is accountable and solution focused
- Knowledge of iMediaTouch, Vox-Pro and Burli is considered an asset
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume, cover letter and audio demo to by July 6th, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGTBQ+ proud.
Job Type: Full-time
Peterborough, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jun 07, 2018|
|Closing:||Jul 09, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|