The Application Deadline for this job posting is Today Aug 21, 2018!
York Region District School Board
Media Specialist 3 Learning Resource ServicesFeatured
Position: Media Specialist 3
Work Location: Learning Resource Services - (300 Harry Walker Pkwy South, Newmarket Ontario, L3Y 8E2)
Salary Rate: $25.41 - $26.64
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week
Number of Positions: 2 (Two)
Application Deadline: August 21, 2018
Thank you for your interest in the permanent position of Media Specialist 3 with the York Region District School Board. This position is responsible for the creative development of multimedia projects as assigned under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Learning Resource Services and with the support of Media Specialist 2's including audio, video and post production services in compliance with Board policies and procedures.
- To produce photography, graphic arts, videography, video motion graphics and other media materials ensuring compliance with Copyright, Corporate identity and branding applications at all schools, Board conferences, events and related production activities.
- To provide multimedia production services, including post-production for media content utilizing a variety of digital editing systems, including meta-tagging and multiple format authoring (e.g. podcasting, DVD authoring, webcasting, etc.).
- To provide media support to all Board departments in collaboration with Public Affairs/Communication/Information Technology/Printing Services.
- To support the creative development, deployment and maintenance of on-line/web-based productions using current web development tools.
- To support the research, development and implementation of new media initiatives.
- To provide system level training and support for media development as required.
- To work with clients on the development, design and production of media resources under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Learning Resource Services.
- To monitor the day-to-day maintenance of equipment needed to perform the job, including maintaining appropriate levels of supplies.
- To work as an active member of the Multimedia/Learning Resource Services team.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To attend professional development sessions/training as required.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma with two years of post-secondary education in media production is required.
- Minimum one year related work experience is required.
- Strong working knowledge of audio and video capture and production is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Mac digital editing systems, including Adobe Creative Suites, Final Cut Studio, DVD Studio Pro or equivalent is required.
- Working knowledge of media hardware, wiring and integration is required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Valid driver’s license (G Class) is required.
(Approved: June 2013)
Equity, Diversity, and Accommodation:
The York Region District School Board believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit, and we strive to hire staff that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and our communities. Human Resource Services strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Recruitment and Retention Team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check, from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
York Region District School Board
300 Harry Walker Parkway South
Newmarket, ON, CA
|Posted:||Aug 09, 2018|
|Closing:||Aug 21, 2018|
|Compensation:||$25.41 - $26.64 per hour|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)