MS Society of Canada
Coordinator Public Relations and Content
Canada has one of the highest rates of multiple sclerosis in the world, making MS Canada’s disease. The MS Society of Canada is the country’s leading MS advocate, funding leading research in MS and programs & services that help people live well with the disease.
Reporting to the Manager, Public Relations and Communications, the coordinator, public relations and content has responsibilities in the areas of media relations, marketing, public awareness, and corporate communications projects promoting the mission of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. The coordinator works with the national marketing and communications team in the implementation of programs and projects that develop and enhance the MS Society’s well-established brand with emphasis on communicating with MS Society of Canada staff, members, clients and volunteers.
The coordinator will help implement communications plans and help content creation and curation for a variety of platforms including the MS Society blog, website, social media and print media. The individual will work with spokespersons and members of the marketing and communications team to help develop key messages and updates to staff and stakeholders. Content development will include projects supporting fundraising, programs and services, advocacy and research.
The coordinator will conduct interviews with ambassadors and volunteers and extract great stories from interviews and write and filter content that aligns with the MS Society brand and digital presence. The coordinator is a member of a strong national marketing and communications team responsible for media and public relations, marketing, branding, public awareness and corporate communications. This person will work with the team by managing relationships, developing and delivering content, insights and research to help the MS Society meet content goals and objectives.
This is a 10-month contract role.
Content creation & curation
- Creates written content supported by strong visuals, for various media as assigned
- Writes, develops and adapts content for social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other appropriate social media channels such as the blog and MS Society website
- Supports team members in curating content that fits within overarching MS Society content/digital strategies, and based on brand advocate strategy
- Provides coordination and logistics support to content development team for various marketing and communications projects
- Other related duties as required
Public Relations and Communications
- Supports the writing of press releases, media advisories, FAQs and key messages
- Works with the media relations team to monitor and coordinate media responses
- Provides support in managing the media database with insight from the media relations team
- Supports marketing and communications staff members with public relations projects including MS Awareness Month, World MS Day, Day on the Hill and other special initiatives like research announcements
- Assists in the posting, coordination and organization of content for the Communications section of the MS Society’s Mercury (SharePoint) site
- Assists in the development of public awareness templates, materials and tool kits for dissemination to divisions, chapters and units
- Works with National Marketing and Communications team members on joint projects as required
- Liaises with translation service as required regarding communications materials in French
- A university degree or college diploma with at least 2 years of experience in communications, media and public relations, or the equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated ability in writing high quality media releases, media advisories, web communications, and blog content is required
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Excellent ability in listening, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with internal and external constituents by telephone and face-to-face
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work within a team
- Detail and process oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Interest in learning new skills, expanding knowledge into new areas
- Ability to work independently with deadlines, multiple projects, problem solving
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
- Previous work with online content management systems
- Willingness to volunteer/participate at special events
- Occasional evening and weekend work
Location: Toronto, ON
We are working on a world free of MS, where improving people’s quality of life is a part of our everyday life. If you too are passionate about our mission, we invite your expression of interest and resume submission to:
Manager, Public Relations and Communications
MS Society of Canada
Application Deadline: September 25, 2018
- Applicants must include a cover letter and state salary expectations within their application in order to be considered
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for this position
The MS Society has a bold vision for the future. We have a team of dedicated professionals who share a common goal to end MS and to improve the lives of those affected by MS. We strive to be an employer of choice and provide a working environment that values diversity, team work, and professional development.
The MS Society of Canada embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process.
More information about the MS Society is available at www.mssociety.ca.
|Category:||Publicity / PR|
MS Society of Canada
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Sep 13, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)