News Editor BaseballFeatured
theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular multi-sport news and data apps in North America, serving millions of fans a month. The Company also creates innovative digital sports experiences through its web, social and esports platforms.
Typical Work Day at theScore
- Write news stories that reflect current baseball happenings and events.
- Produce push alerts and aggregate news content from a variety of sources.
- Curate the MLB News feed with a mix of news stories, video, and other media.
- Create captivating headlines that people want to engage with.
- Use strong news judgment to justify editorial decisions.
- React to breaking news by writing spinoff news desk features.
- Consult with supervising editors on how to treat breaking news items throughout the day.
- Use a variety of media - audio, video, social media, etc. - to enhance both spot and breaking news.
- Other duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of Baseball, including: history, league economics, teams, players, statistics, and etc.
- A degree in Journalism is preferred.
- Experience in sports media; digital focus is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on other projects as they come up.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling and an ability to work nights and weekends.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Awesome patio with BBQ
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 18, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
500 King Street W
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 07, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)