Winnipeg Art Gallery
Communications & Marketing Officer
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, Media & Marketing, the Communications & Marketing Officer is responsible for developing and implementing strategies, assignments and projects that grow WAG audiences through media relations and promotional activities. In particular, writing and editing materials for external and internal stakeholders, and keeping information touch points up-to-date.
- Write and distribute all media advisories and releases, plan media events, and prepare all required materials.
- Maintain good relationship with media and facilitate interviews and articles, actively pitching stories to secure earned media.
- Maintain media image download site and post releases online.
- Write speaking notes for WAG representatives speaking at public functions.
- Coordinate project management system, review incoming marketing requests, and provide strategies.
- Coordinate, book, and track advertising buys.
- Write, edit, and proof copy for ads, newsletters, brochures, exhibition texts, and other materials for external and internal audiences.
- Assist in choosing key images, working with designers on creative materials, and obtaining copyright via the collections department.
- Monitor and maintain all onsite signage and information touch points.
- Coordinate distribution of promotional materials.
- Responsible for purchase order (PO) processing including submitting to finance and ensuring invoices correspond to POs.
- Assist in developing departmental budget.
- Supervise visits from media outlets, camera crews and photographers, according to Gallery policy.
- Assist with staffing Gallery events as required, including public openings and receptions.
- Act as a Gallery representative in matters relating to exhibition and program promotion as needed.
- Ensure all Gallery publicity files and folders are kept up-to-date; prepare reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communications or public relations degree or diploma or several years direct experience in media relations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Highly organized.
- Understanding the not-for-profit arts community.
- Ability to work independently using discretion and diplomacy under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints, while working in a collaborative environment with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate for Gallery functions that occur outside the normal working week, including some evenings and weekends.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Winnipeg Art Gallery
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Nov 19, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|