Government of Canada
Information Management Support
$61,558 to $66,324
For further information on the organization, please visit Shared Services Canada
Closing date: 27 November 2018 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please ensure you read the poster thoroughly as the instructions contain important information that will be required in the application process. Failure to read the notes and follow the instructions could result in your application missing critical information thus providing for insufficient information for the screening committee to complete your assessment and resulting in your elimination from the process.
The screening committee will use your answers to the screening questions to assess how you meet the essential and asset qualifications (education and experiences). No other documents, such as cover letter, will be considered at this phase. To reinforce this procedure, the option to attach a cover letter has been deactivated in the system.
All screening questions must be answered. It is NOT sufficient to only state that the qualifications are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Rather you must clearly demonstrate HOW, WHEN and WHERE the qualification was met through substantiation by examples as well as the period(s) (FROM month-year TO month-year), in which you performed the functions of the positions.
You will not have further opportunity to provide additional information.
At SSC your job will matter. We are working hard to change the landscape of information technology for the Government of Canada. We are modernizing, securing, and supporting critical IT programs and services for Canadians. We are looking for dedicated employees that want to make a difference and that will be part of our exciting journey for years to come.
If you are an individual who wants a rewarding career with an innovative organization, we need you. If you are dedicated, creative, and motivated, we need you. If you are eager to provide modern shared services that improve government service delivery to Canadians, we need you.
We look forward to working with you in the coming years and will support your career while you support our business. We encourage you to be a part of our team for at least two to three years to ensure business continuity.
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff similar positions within SSC with various tenures and/or various language requirements and/or locations.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A secondary school diploma OR an acceptable combination of education, training AND/OR experience related to the position being staffed
1. *Recent experience working in an Information Management (IM) services organization (private or public) that is responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise Information Management program
2. *Recent Experience in providing advice and guidance to clients, colleagues, and management on Information Management
3. Experience in the operation, utilization and support of an Electronic Documents and Records Management Solutions (EDRMS) (i.e. GCdocs)
4. Experience in interpreting Policy instruments related to IM or a similar topic. For example, and not limited to Information Technology (IT)/ Security / Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)
- Recent experience is defined as experience gained within the last three (3) years
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
- English Essential
- French Essential
- Bilingual Imperative (BBB)
Information on language requirements
1. Knowledge of the Government of Canada (GoC) Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) Information Management (IM) policy and related directives, standards, and guidelines
2. Knowledge to interpret and apply the Government of Canada Access to Information Act and Privacy Act (ATIP) AND/OR, Security policy and related directives, standards and guidelines
3. Knowledge of Information Management trends and tools
1. Client Service Orientation
2. Adaptability and Flexibility
3. Focus on Quality and Details
4. Partnership, Network and Relationship Building
1. Ability to communicate effectively orally
2. Ability to communicate effectively in writing
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
1. A certification in the field of training such as Certified Training Practitioner, or Certified Training and Development Professional or other certification related to the field
2. A certification or education in information/records management. (i.e. Certified records manager (CRM) or other related to the field)
1. Experience in retention and disposition of information
2. Experience developing and delivering training
3. Experience with advanced GCdocs features
4. Experience analyzing data and providing recommendations AND/OR dashboard reports
5. Experience analyzing and developing Function based file classification structures
6. Experience in administrating or coordinating Open Government activities
1. Willingness and ability to work overtime to meet operation requirements
Conditions of employment
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Willingness and ability to travel (within NCR)
2. Maintain your security clearance level for the duration of employment
1. Various: Enhanced reliability AND/OR Secret
2. Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
2. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted
3. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation
4. All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at SSC
5. Assessments of all merit criteria may be conducted throughout each phase of the process. For example, communications could be assessed with the application, email correspondence, and all other means of communication throughout the process
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
You must provide proof of your education credentials. You will be advised to provide the documents later in the process. For foreign credentials, the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) assists persons who wish to obtain an assessment of their educational, professional, and occupational credentials by referring them to the appropriate organizations. The CICIC can be contacted at www.cicic.ca
Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
Failure to respond to communications may be construed as a withdrawal from this process.
- We are located at 70 rue Crémazie in Gatineau QC
- Parking is $105 per month
- Employees could work at a *GC Workplace location closer to their home
- Part time Telework options may be available at management’s discretion
- SSC is leading the change in the evolution of office spaces and in modernizing the way we work. The GC workplaces have the technology and tools employees need to do their work, within spaces that promote collaboration
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
Government of Canada
Gatineau, QC, CA
|Posted:||Nov 27, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)