Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Assistant Office Manager
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for a Assistant Office Manager to join our team in Burnaby, BC. In this role you will be assisting the Facilities Manager with general office management tasks for the Head Office facility, to maintain a smooth operation daily with little impact to staff/guests.
This is a junior position; working closely with the Facilities Manager to coordinate facilities-related work required with vendors for both the Head Office facility and our rented locations (if any). This often includes obtaining quotes from vendors, seeking appropriate approvals on the work required, arranging for required service calls/onsite work to take place, being made available as an on-site point of contact (if need be), ensuring completion on service calls/work required, and seeking appropriate approvals if additional work is required, etc.
In this role you’ll:
- Assist the Facilities Manager in working with the landlord to ensure that regular maintenance and repairs for the building are noted and taken care of in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the employee security life-cycle, which includes issuing and cancelling security access cards for full-time employees, part-time employees, and contractors at the Head Office facility. Ensure that the proper approvals are obtained for special employee access. Extend access when required. Maintain the paperwork life-cycle so that it adheres to SOX criteria. Maintain a master security spreadsheet for tracking purposes.
- Maintain the security system for the Head Office facility with monthly back-ups and general maintenance.
- Create and receive Purchase Orders to process payments for invoices in Oracle in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain all department accounts under the Iron Mountain (IM)/Tippet Richardson (TR) archival system. Set up new users with required access. Educate users on general archival process and cost-effective retrieval/drop-off options. Act as a primary liaison and as first point of contact when issues arise.
- Oversee the transformation from our current documents storage supplier, Iron Mountain to Tippet Richardson our new document storage supplier. Manage the transition from IM to TR by updating and maintaining a publicly accessible spreadsheet listing boxes that have been permanently withdrawn from IM and sent to TR with new bar-coding in place, transition should take 3 – 5 years.
- Maintains facilities records for office moves; on line and in hard copy. This includes floor plans and quotations. Maintain head office staff seating plans.
- Track and update various types of data including logs for annual building maintenance.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to improve and implement plans for better internal customer service.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to plan and implement small or large scale office moves.
- Communicates information to building occupants relating to major projects, closures, outages, etc.
- Work as a building liaison during filming productions to ensure a smooth running operation, with little to no disruption to staff
- Lead and exemplify Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Core Values – We are one team, We are Proud and Passionate, We do what is right, We are Entrepreneurial and We are Diverse and Inclusive.
- Provide coverage for reception and office services as needed.
- From time to time perform other various duties as required by the office manager.
Here’s what you bring:
- 3-4 years of administrative experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Word and Excel required. Experience with AutoCAD an asset.
- Capable of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment, with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of professionalism, results oriented, verbal and written communication and presentation skills, organizational awareness, teamwork, flexibility and adaptability, problem solving, self-management and service orientation will position you for success in this position.
- Diploma or certificate in a related field preferred or equivalent experience and education combinations may be considered.
This job will require you to:
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Have a good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to thrive under pressure of deadlines in a dynamic environment and juggle competing priorities.
- Be detail oriented analytical and able to make sound decisions based on available information while knowing when to ask for assistance.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP / Pension plan and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros.Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. FinancialServices. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Office Management: 3 years (Required)
- Burnaby (Required)
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Burnaby, BC, CA
|Posted:||Nov 30, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)