Intermediate Graphic Designer
Founded in 2002, Ballistic Arts Media Studios is a full-service creative agency in Coquitlam, BC providing design, web development, and video production services to local and national clients in a variety of industries. Our designers work on diverse projects from brand logos to websites to expansive interactive presentation centres. To keep up with our growing business, we’re looking for an experienced Intermediate Graphic Designer to join our team!
As an Intermediate Graphic Designer, you’ll get to work alongside the talented folks on our design team to create amazing digital experiences through a thoughtful collaborative process! You’ll be responsible for taking part in our creative process from start to finish: collaborative brainstorming, producing wireframes, and creating design prototypes, mockups and assets. The work is fast-paced and challenging, promoting teamwork and individual growth. We work for a variety of different industries and clients, keeping the work diverse and interesting.
The position is for a graphic designer to work from our Coquitlam office- we are not looking to hire people who work remotely.
We’re a small team (there’s less than 30 of us!) that likes to have fun; our outgoing crew loves thoughtful conversations over lunch, Smash Bros. tournaments, and occasionally hitting local breweries together after work. We’re also always looking for ways to give back, whether it’s spending an afternoon cleaning up the creek near our building, or holding a workshop with kids from a nearby school!
We offer a supportive work environment with a great company culture. We are dedicated to the success of our projects, clients, and team members.
- Prepare concepts, design assets and layouts for design projects from print to web
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Design and create modern graphics for our exclusive clients
- Work with web developers and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Work with team members to resolve technical and/or design issues
- English speaking and writing
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in design studios or freelance designing
- Degree in Graphic Design/Communication or equivalent
- A diverse and visually stunning portfolio of past design projects
- Diverse and strong experience with branding
- Intermediate-advanced understanding of spatial design for presentation centres
- Excellent knowledge of website UX design
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator CC
- Excellent knowledge Photoshop CC
- Good knowledge of InDesign CC
- Knowledge of HTML 5 (not mandatory)
- Understanding of web functionality and limitations
- Experience using MAC OSX platform
- Exceptional design skills
- A keen eye and understanding of marketing and advertising
- Ability to sketch and create graphic assets
- Willing to accept and provide direction and handle multiple tasks
- Committed independent and responsible worker
- Strong time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude with the ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Comfortable with spontaneous outbursts of singing and a fan of all-you-can-eat Indian food
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Coquitlam, BC, CA
|Posted:||Dec 06, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|