Jazz FM 91
Digital Content Specialist
BusinessWeek magazine called us “one of the best radio stations in the world”
We received our broadcasting license in 1947 and continue to thrive as an independent voice in a marketplace dominated by several large broadcasters. Over the years, our format and technology have changed, but our mandate remains the same - to enrich the cultural, educational and arts experience of listeners around the world.
We have built a passionate and loyal audience who craves diversity and musical sophistication, embraced through an all-jazz format within a non-profit, arts and education context. With 700,000+ listeners tuning in via one of the many ways to access us - radio, web, or our iPhone, iPad or Android apps – we have proven that there is a place for an independent voice. More than a broadcaster, JAZZ.FM91 offers youth education programs (with over 1,000 youth participating each year), adult education, and live concerts and events through-out the year (over 7,000 attend annually).
If you are interested in making a difference in Toronto’s cultural landscape, we would love to hear from you. We are seeking an energetic, innovative and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of Digital Content Specialist (9-month Contract).
Key Role Responsibilities/Activities/Deliverables:
The Digital Content Specialist is an expert in social media & digital marketing who can create and execute social media marketing strategies for Jazz FM 91.
Scope of work:
The Digital Content Specialist reports to the Production & Creative Director, and works in collaboration with the leadership team to:
- Develop and implement online communications action plans that promote the initiatives and goals of the station, including using digital assets to highlight prominent interviews, concerts, etc., to bring the world of jazz to our listeners and donors.
- Oversee, edit and update the website, online and social media assets, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Facilitate, monitor and update our apps and digital streams.
- Analyze and monitor social media trends and media placements to measure effectiveness. Use Google Analytics to understand our fundraising campaign performance and overall traffic patterns to optimize approach.
- Track email segment open rates, clicks and conversion rates across fundraising campaigns and issues. As well as craft a weekly newsletter that is sent to our listeners, The Jazz Messenger.
- Assist the leadership team with developing, reviewing and updating the digital strategy, as needed to ensure we are leveraging industry best practices.
- Provide support and assistance with planning, promoting and implementing fundraising campaigns and prioritized activities.
- Proofread all communications before distributing or posting.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The Digital Media Specialist has experience with:
- Social media engagement, campaigns and advertising (building community)
- Developing and executing SEO/Google Ad word campaigns
- Graphics production with ability to conceptualize and create eye-catching images
- Multi-tasking with frequent shifting priorities
- Google Analytics
- CRM software, such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Microsoft Office
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- 2-3 years of experience in a related position within a fast-paced environment
- A strong writer able to produce thoughtful & impactful content that drives engagement
- A track-record of being a team player who can lead and be an exceptional contributor
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good time-management skills and the ability to work to a deadline
- Post-secondary education
- The ability to work evenings and/or weekends during concerts and other fundraising initiatives
For more information on the organization, visit www.jazz.fm
This search process will commence immediately and will remain open until a successful candidate is selected.
Jazz FM 91
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 19, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)