Entertainment One Ltd.
Senior Manager Residuals
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$1.7 billion (as at 31 March 2017), is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
For both Film and TV product, the Senior Manager, Residuals will serve as the internal business contact for all residual reporting and analysis, prepare and analyze statements, lease with various guilds including but not limited to SAG/ACTRA/UBCP, DGC/WGC, DGA/WGA, IATSE.
- Comfortable in reviewing and interpreting union agreements
- In-depth knowledge of American and Canadian guild reporting requirements
- Prepare models for Budget/Forecast and accrual analysis
- Statement preparation and analysis
- Payment processing and reconciling
- Ensure contractual reporting obligations are met in a timely basis
- Able to work independently
- Able to formulate complex interdependent calculations
- Liaison with payroll companies as required to obtain and issue information as required
- Senior level experience in residual reporting
- 10+ years experience in residual reporting
- 10+ years experience in entertainment industry
- Prior experience with guild negotiations considered an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to review and interpret legal agreements
- Successful management and leadership skills
- In depth knowledge of guild/union agreements
- Excellent computer skills; primarily strong knowledge of Excel
- Work closely with participations, business and legal affairs and finance teams
- Manage mentor and develop staff of 2
- Closely interact with business partners
What you’ll be a part of:
- Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
- Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
- Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
- Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
- Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
- The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
- Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
- Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
4 days ago
Entertainment One Ltd.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 26, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)