We provide booking software and marketing services for the retreat industry. Our mission at Retreat Guru is to help retreat centers thrive with state-of-the-art digital tools that allow them to work as effortlessly as possible.
We believe human beings are innately wise, strong and kind. We also believe that mindfulness and meditation enable human beings to reach their full potential. This wisdom, although not always experienced, is always present. Going on authentic retreat is a beautiful way to reconnect to our basic sanity and health. Our aspiration at Retreat Guru is to inspire people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength, and kindness.
The experience also helps strengthen or restart one’s spiritual practice.
To develop a unique booking software product designed specifically for retreat leaders you need a seriously awesome team, and that’s what we are. Do you thrive in creative and mindful environments? Do you have a yearning for collaboration, authenticity, and a bit of fun while still working in the retreat and wellness space? Join our team and engage your passion for sales in our software company that’s transforming the retreat/wellness community worldwide. Our office is located in picturesque Nelson, British Columbia. More information about our company can be obtained at: https://retreat.guru/.
As a result of major growth over the last twelve months and an expanded investor base from successful seed financing this summer, we are looking for a finance director (NOC 0111) to evaluate, organize and direct the financial and accounting aspects of our business. Key responsibilities include evaluating and managing the financial and accounting process, preparing financial reporting for the management and investors, analyzing and tracking the company’s financial performance, developing financial forecasting, managing relationships with shareholders and lenders, and facilitating future fundraising activities.
- Manage, evaluate, and direct all financial aspects of the business, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and fundraising activities
- Develop and evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures, and financial policies, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, accounting infrastructure, and other financial control functions to senior managers and other departments
- Perform financial analysis of the business and its various segments, including trend and ratio analysis and peer and industry benchmark comparison
- Perform cost-benefit analyses and identify cost savings opportunities
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and update estimates
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Prepare financial reports for the management, investors, lenders and other stakeholders
- Establish and maintain financial models
- Manage relationships with lenders and existing and prospect investors
- Review and facilitate execution of legal documents related to the company’s finance
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration majored in finance required
- 15+ years of experience and 5+ years in leadership positions in accounting, auditing, budgeting, and financial analysis or other finance-related field are required.
- Experience reviewing and executing legal documents is a strong plus
- CPA or the CFA designation is preferred
- Experience working with a start-up and/or the technology industry a plus
- Fundraising experience a plus
- Our clients are Ashrams, yoga organizations, as well as yoga, mindfulness and meditation centers and retreats. Having a traditional yoga and/or meditation practice and/or being a teacher of such practices is a definite asset. A connection and understanding of our current and potential clients is critical to growing our business.
- International experience
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
Languages Required: English (fluent). Good command of other languages is a definite asset
Nature of Position: Parttime.Minimum 30 hours per week.
Salary and Benefits
$60,000 annually ($38.46 per hour based on a work week of 30 hours per week)
We provide healthcare benefits to all of our employees and their families
303 Vernon Street, Nelson, BC, Canada. 1 888-881-0404
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- Finance: 10 years (Required)
- leadership positions in a financial role: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Nelson, BC (Required)
- english (Required)
Nelson, BC, CA
|Posted:||Dec 31, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|