Vista Radio Ltd
Prince George, BC
Managing Editor – Prince George
Please attach a link to soundcloud/YouTube with an audio demo.
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement.
Vista Radio is privileged to operate 41 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 63 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
Success: Small to medium size businesses have experienced the success of Vista's enterprise operating ad platform.
Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work has a large impact on their success.
Cutting-Edge: Vista's digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as an advertising powerhouse.
Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box thinking.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, the potential for long-term growth and the chance to make a real difference, we are the team for you.
With more than 300 employees our team is dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
About the Job:
Are you a detail oriented newshound who wants to be part of a WINNING team?
Are you social media savvy and ready to implement your vision in a dynamic, exciting environment?
If the answer is YES, apply to be the Managing Editor in Prince George with Vista Radio.
• To maintain the station(s) local news and website brands researching and writing news stories
• Executing a local broadcast
• Represent the radio station at community events
• Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
• Develop an air-check schedule for all on-air news talent within the cluster
• Establish a weekly one-on-one call with direct reports within the market
• Liaise with the National News Director bi-weekly
• Provide cluster news staff with coaching and mentoring on localizing international stories.
• Establish scheduling for sick days, holiday coverage etc.
• Monthly writing and air check sessions of your own work
• Participate in the monthly Vista News Directors conference call
• Minimum 5 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong on-air delivery
• Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
• The ability to work within a fast-paced, open concept environment
• A valid driver's license
• Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is an asset
• Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Vista Radio Ltd
Unit 101 2977 Ferry Avenue
Prince George, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jan 10, 2019|
|Closing:||Feb 28, 2019|