Vancouver Convention Centre
Lead Event Technician
The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) is currently in search of a Lead Event Technician to join our team. This critical role will report directly to the Manager, Event Production Services. As part of the Facility Operations team, the Lead Event Technician will be the primary contact for onsite event electrical and plumbing additions and changes ,as we work together to achieve our vision to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events. This position requires the incumbent to work a condensed schedule of 4 days per week at 10 hours per day.
If you are a driven, Red Seal Certified Electrician looking for work-life balance, top pension and benefits, and great task variety in a world-class facility, this may be the job for you.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world-class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally-recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing, and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill, and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
Located on Vancouver’s downtown waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world to build your career.
Our award-winning facility hosts more than 550 events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets, and special events, welcoming hundreds of
thousands of attendees from around the world. Apart from generating vital economic activity for BC, these events provide an important platform for the exchange of knowledge and information across industry sectors. The Convention Centre is an enviable position, consistently attracting globally sought-after events that bring industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science, and many other influential fields.
Apart from the distinction of ‘Best Convention Centre and Best Convention Centre Service in North America’ by Watkins Research Group, we are proud to be the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention centre. Our commitment to global leadership in environmental sustainability does not stop at our building; we follow sustainable practices daily from our ‘scratch’ kitchen that provides healthy food offerings to our staff and guests using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, to our extensive facility-wide recycling program.
At the Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business. Our leaders are passionate about the growth of others, investing the time to coach, teach and advise every day. Leaders look for talent and find opportunities for that talent to flourish and shine.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- As a proven leader able to work effectively in a team environment, you will provide general direction and guidance on work, on the job training, and cross training, while performing work in one or more skilled trades.
- Using your technical knowledge, you will review, interpret, and install electrical and plumbing requirements for VCC’s various events in accordance with Facility standards and the Canadian Electrical Code.
- You will exhibit creative and logical approaches to troubleshooting and problem solving; recognizing costs and requirements.
- Using your organizational skills, you will maintain a high standard of cleanliness and neatness in VCC’s electrician shop and work areas.
- You will adhere to all work safety regulations and practices as well as maintain a safe working environment.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You have technical experience and education in the Electrical or Plumbing field, combined with knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Certification in Full Entertainment (FE) Certification or Journeyperson Red Seal Inter-provincial Electrical is required.
- You are committed to maintaining a safe work environment.
- You do everything in your role to meet or exceed guest/client expectations.
- Using your exceptional communication skills, you are able to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and in writing.
- You are physically fit to install long runs of heavy cables in all environments and be able to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights up to 75 lbs.
- You are mentally fit to make quick decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- You are willing to work in safety zones (indoors and outdoors) and work with industrial level voltages and equipment that can cause serious injury if not handled safely/properly.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Red Seal Electrician (Required)
Vancouver Convention Centre
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jan 30, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)