Due to our recent expansion 911 Interpreters is hiring a Graphic Designer / Translation Services Co-ordinator for our Oakville location. Potential candidates should reside within travelling distance from our office.
Previous Graphic Design or DTP experience is a must. Language translation and/or intake experience, a second language, as well as familiarity with medical, legal and emergency services terminology is an asset.
- Word-processing and desktop publishing of brochures, flyers, pamphlets, press releases and advertisements – both print and online versions
- Laying out translated text in digital formats for online advertisements, PDFs, social media and other online materials
- Coordinating the entire translation project cycle
- Receiving documents to be translated
- Providing quotes to clients
- Sourcing out qualified translators and proofreaders
- Assigning translators and proofreaders to projects
- Monitoring all Quality Control functions
- Adhering to strict turnaround times
- Delivering completed projects to clients
- In-depth knowledge of DTP applications to produce professional quality output in any format
- Intermediate to advanced user of all Microsoft Office products including Publisher
- Intermediate to advanced user of Adobe Font Folio, Acrobat, FrameMaker, Flash and Adobe Illustrator.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Familiarity with AODA requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Post-secondary degree in related field
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
911 Interpreters currently provides written translations as well as in-person, telephone and video interpretation services in over 200 languages.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Oakville, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 04, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)