Junior Graphic and Digital Media Designer
Adventure Canada is dynamic leader in expedition cruising bringing our clients to some of the worlds most untouched and remote regions. For over thirty years we have been dedicated to providing unique experiences to our client base through the breadth of experience our team members provide.
We are seeking a new team member to bring forward creative ideas and vision through graphic design and web development. Patience, superior communication skills, and a strong work ethic are a must. At Adventure Canada, all of our employees are expected to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. The selected candidate will contribute to the visual online, print, and physical presence of our company, as well as provide the design support for all departments. Enthusiasm, drive, passion, compassion, and a fun-loving nature will help this person feel at home in our office environment.
The position is full-time, forty (40) hours per week in Port Credit, Ontario.
- Contribute to creative process with ideas that align with business goals and support sales efforts
- Design brochures, catalogs, flyers, posters and trade show promotional material
- Print and digital advertising design
- Coordinate and monitor production of print/electronic material with printshops, media and publishing companies
- Tweak, resize and reformat existing creative as needed
- Maintain website content as needed
- Edit and color correct photographs
- Communicate and discuss with marketing team business objectives and requirements for the design project
- Assist marketing coordinator managing collateral for trade show and events
Qualifications and Creative Skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Open to idea critique without taking it personally and using it as opportunity to grow
- Strong design skills demonstrated through comprehensive portfolio (Students’ portfolios are welcomed too)
- Strong listening, verbal and communication skills with ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Basic knowledge of marketing and communication: audience, buying personas, sales funnel, buying decisions, empathy, advertising, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of business objectives and how they align with design creative
- Basic knowledge of writing for the market place and words and images integration as an integral part of story telling
- Diploma or Degree in relevant filed of studies such as Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Web Design, Advertising or Visual Communications.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs
- Capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a team environment
Must have Technical Proficiency:
- Adobe CC and DC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom or Bridge, Acrobat
- Knowledge of digital and offset printing process, print materials (paper stock), print colors (CMYK, process, spot color)
- Basic knowledge of responsive web design
- Basic understanding of HTML semantics and technical SEO
- Basic knowledge of image optimization for the web
- Basic Experience using content management systems such as WordPress
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point
- Intermediate knowledge of any above skills listed as basic technical proficiency
- Photography skills
- Premier Pro and After Effect
- User interaction design UX/UI
- Google Analytics
- Office 365
- Experience working in travel and hospitality industry
How to apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
Please also include your portfolio as a pdf or as a link to a website when submitting your resume.
We value diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application. We will review the applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 04, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)