The Application Deadline for this job posting is Tomorrow. Apply by Feb 21, 2019!
Agriculture for Life
Contract Videographer and Editor
Ag for Life is looking for an energetic, motivated, and creative video producer to provide engaging content to help contribute to our social media presence, website and marketing efforts. We’re looking for a creative mind with a strong aesthetic, willingness to experiment and can bring a high level of polish to the final product. This is an on-call position, meaning if you are looking for consistent, full-time work, this is not the position for you. We're expecting on average one video/project a month to start, with room for additional opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Content creation using videography and photography.
- Monitor emerging social media trends to identify creative and innovative new ideas and incorporate them into production.
- Quick and adaptable to learning new applications.
- Ensure content meets Ag for Life’s brand standards.
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work with youth and adults.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize requests, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Maintain strong communication with internal team.
- Know how to work within budgetary constraints considering we are a not for profit.
- Interested in agriculture and food production and has a strong sense of commitment to the mission of Ag for Life.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Film Studies, Media Production, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications.
- Owns a good video camera, lightening and editing software. You are set and ready!
- Final Cut or Adobe Premiere experience.
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred).
- Video Production: 1 year (Preferred).
- Photography: 1 year (Preferred).
- Some experience in digital marketing.
- Attention to lighting, set design, composition, and the details that make the difference.
- Outside the box thinker.
- Calgary (area) based.
- Flexible schedule. Frequent travel within province including overnight, weekend.
- An experienced, safe-driver with valid Alberta Drivers Licence and reliable transportation to facilitate travel in Alberta.
- Project based at a rate of $25.00 per hour, plus expenses.
Send cover letter and resume to Luree Williamson with “Videographer and Editor” in the email subject line. Please include the type of camera/lighting equipment and the models you have. Also be sure to include a link to your portfolio presenting your capabilities.
Deadline for submissions: February 20, 2019
Please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants and only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Photography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Videographer: 1 year (Preferred)
|Category:||Film / Video|
Agriculture for Life
Priddis, AB, CA
|Posted:||Feb 11, 2019|
|Closing:||Feb 21, 2019|