Cirque du Soleil
Artistic Director - Arena Ice Show | Directeur artistique - Spectacle sur glace en aréna
Our quest is to entertain and immerse audiences into the universe of Cirque du Soleil. Our passion is to transform creative ideas into spectacular shows. We have now taken on the world of ice, combining a unique narrative with innovative skating and acrobatics. Join this incredible journey as the Artistic Director!
An Artistic Director at Cirque du Soleil personifies the artistic essence of our shows, ensuring their daily quality, integrity and continuous high-level performance and working alongside artists and team members all dedicated to bringing life to the stage and invoking imagination around the world.
An Artistic Director at Cirque is:
- A charismatic leader who inspires and motivates others to excel.
- An authentic communicator, encouraging and nourishing artists and team members to make meaningful contributions and push boundaries.
- An artistic sensibility, provoking emotions and passion on stage.
- A creative mind with an artistic eye and keen business intelligence.
- An ambassador of Cirque’s values stimulated by artistic and cultural diversity.
- A solution-focused thinker comfortable with the complexities of international touring.
As an Artistic Director, you will play a key role in meeting daily objectives in terms of management and decision-making for all general artistic and acrobatic operations of a show.
You will also be known as a(n):
- Show-quality guardian: Ensuring the show’s artistic content, integrity and quality standards.
- Business influencer: Working towards achieving the company’s vision and intentions, while taking into consideration the needs and interests of the team, evaluating the consequences and impacts, and taking action.
- Artistic anchor: Recommending artistic and acrobatic changes or adjustments as needed for the maintenance of the show and the well-being of its performers.
- Global partner: Exemplifying and encouraging a collaborative approach with all other departments on tour, corporate services and Cirque partners; sharing knowledge and contributing to best practices.
- Team leader: Monitoring employee performance, providing feedback and coaching while creating a climate in which achievements are recognized and celebrated.
- Guidelines advocate: With the collaboration of the coaching and physio teams, respecting the human risks performance management policy, as well as all procedures, norms and standards for the artistic department.
You are an experienced leader in the performing arts or traditional circus environment (ice show experience would be a fantastic asset) with fluency in English who will be interacting with over 70 different nationalities both on tour and at the various Cirque offices.
Cirque du Soleil
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 13, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)