The Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
Lobby Bar Server
The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, seven professional craft studios, and an in-house food & beverage operation. In its 21st year, with a mission to promote Arts for Life, the centre plays host to hundreds of performing arts, educational, community, and corporate events and activities each year. The Living Arts Centre is a dynamic and accessible gathering place for creativity that welcomes more than 400,000 discerning and culturally diverse visitors annually.
The Living Arts Centre is seeking a part time/casual Lobby bar server with a passion for customer service excellence, within the Food & Beverage department of LIVE Cuisine Inc. Create a culture of continued learning, development and growth in a fun, dynamic and fast paced environment. Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of work areas, equipment and tools so as to meet all health and safety regulations and standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as restaurant, bar or banquet server or bartender.
- Certification in a hospitality program or related education is an asset
- Smart Serve certification is a requirement and food safety certification is an asset.
- Experience with POS systems, Cash registers, Cash handling and Inventory.
- Must possess superior customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge in the maintenance and care of bar and restaurant facilities, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, food safety, sanitation and quality control.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job, lifting, moving, standing and working flexible hours, as dictated by need of the business.
- Responsibilities: *
- Deliver, maintain and exceed established customer service and quality standards.
- Maintain a positive attitude, create and consistently provide friendly, professional and enthusiastic service to external and internal customers, at all times
- Demonstrate and implement accurate information of products and services offered.
- Organize, operate and control work area including bars, restaurant and banquets, to deliver timely service and quality products
- Prepare and serve bottled beverages and mixed drinks and beverages from bar to guests.
- Record sales and process timely and accurate payments using point of sales systems
- Adhere to smart serve and food safety regulations at all times
- Assist with other tasks and duties, as required from time to time.
This is a part time/casual position requiring the successful candidate to work flexible hours including but not restricted to evenings and week-ends. You will be paid an hourly rate of $14.65 per hour. Hours of work are not guaranteed and depend on work load and event needs.
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed resume no later than March 1, 2019 to Oswald Miranda. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Living Arts Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, we ask you to please inform the Living Arts Centre staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require in respect of any materials or processed used to ensure you equal participation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the living Arts Centre; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $14.65 /hour
- serving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
The Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 13, 2019|