Stage & Operations Lead
To apply, visit www.monstrartity.com/employment. Applications through Indeed will not be considered.
MonstrARTity is currently seeking applicants for the part-time, freelance contractor position of Stage & Operations Lead, with availability from April 1, 2019.
Both positions will support the following festival programs:
- Bollywood Monster Mashup(BMM), the largest South Asian festival in Canada, featuring music, dance, film and original fusion productions
- Monster World Mashup(MWM), a collective festival featuring cutting-edge world music, spoken word, visual arts and comedy
The successful candidate must be available for both festival dates – May 31-June 1 (MWM – tentative) and July 18-20 (BMM – confirmed).
MonstrARTity Creative Community (MCC) is a Mississauga-based, not-for-profit arts organization that engages tens of thousands of people with its original, innovative and world-class programming.
This part-time freelance consultant contract runs from April – July 2019 and is comprised of stage management, event production, vendor relations and artist relations work related to the two above programs. This position supports relevant activities of the programming team.
- Contributing to the creation and execution of stage plots, tech run sheets, backline orders, show run schedules, performer and vendor advancing and other relevant planning documents for BMM and MWM festival events
- Communicating and delivering on-site logistical requirements (footprint, technical requirements, artist hospitality, suppliers, load-in/out times etc) in relation to performing artists’ and groups’, as well as vendors’, needs
- Supporting and ensuring smooth coordination and execution of BMM festival stage and MWM festival stage logistics, including backstage support, performer tech runs, sound checks and performances
- Managing communication processes and ensuring both parties adhere to all contracts/agreements, in regards to performing artists and on-site vendors for organization’s festival events
- Creating plan for and managing artist hospitality area, including food/drink quantities and setup
- Liaising with performing artists, festival vendors, City staff, venue coordinators and other external program contacts as necessary
- Additional supporting activities to benefit the overall team as necessary
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Stage Management, Production Design & Technical Arts, Performance Production, Theatre Production, Event Management or a related field; and/or at least three years of relevant experience
- Stage management or performance production experience with non-profits, arts & culture organizations or events/festivals strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Google applications (Google Docs, Drive, etc) preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and initiative
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Earliest start date: Apr 1, 2019
- Part-time, freelance contractor position
- Perks: remote work options and flexible hours
- Term: April – July 2019 with opportunity for extension
- The successful candidate must be able to give first work priority to MCC during the months of June and July 2019.
- Compensation: negotiable, commensurate with experience
- Must be able to make mandatory weekly team calls, team meetings in Mississauga and stakeholder meetings in Peel Region as required
- Must have access to own laptop and phone
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, . Applications through Indeed will not be considered.
Candidates are encouraged to include a PDF or link to their portfolio. While we appreciate your interest, only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 PM on March 4, 2019. Thank you for your interest in MonstrARTity.
Job Types: Contract, Freelance
- Stage Management or Festival/Theatre/Performance Production: 3 years (Preferred)
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 13, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)