Looking for some extra income and experience in the field of photography and design? Love the idea of supporting a local business? Have a flexible schedule for evenings and weekend hours? Consider a freelance position or internship with Urban Tavern!
As an independent business homegrown in downtown Edmonton, we consider ourselves a leader in blooming in the hospitality and nightlife industry. We are home to Canada's largest ""Pour Your Own Beer” Wall and consistently demonstrate our passion for beer, cocktails, food, and more. We are driven to succeed through our philosophy in a growth mindset with endless opportunities for enjoyment. We love establishing genuine connections with our guests, staff, and other businesses within the community to host some of the greatest events, after parties, and specials YEG has to offer. Even better, we accomplish all of this while maintaining an environment where you cannot stop smiling. It is natural to feel right at home with Urban Tavern, and now we are looking to expand our team!
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity for promotion in fun event projects
- Product and industry knowledge
- A socially-engaging and inclusive atmosphere
- A chance to develop your skills
Freelance Photographer Position
As a freelance photographer working with Urban Tavern you have the ability to shine and grow in your own independent right while ensuring the support of an amazing network of team members. We encourage creativity, and ideas are welcomed, working towards a polished product for promotional media purposes. We are looking for candidates who are established in the visual arts field but we are also open to student internships. To understand what we are looking to add to our team please see below for qualifications:
- Shoot and edit photographs and video content of evening/weekend events
- Photograph guests’ experience and use of highlights within the establishment
- Assist with lighting and sound requirements during event shoots
- Provide a number of images within a content calendar deadline
- Edit and refine photography content to a high quality standard, available in different formats
- Potential to create promotional material with Urban Tavern logo and information
- Must be 18 years of age
- Diploma or Degree in Media Arts, Photography, or related field
- Comprehension of necessary lighting and photography tools
- Access to camera, computer, editing applications, etc.
- Understands the capacity to multitask and problem solve
- A positive team player who is able to collaborate
- Possesses the ability to work in a fast-pasted, dynamic environment
- Must be able to work flexibly and deliver under deadlines
- Has a strong work ethic that is punctual and reliable
- Open availability (potential to work evenings and weekends)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a pub/club or various lighting environments
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, please forward your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your portfolio of projects or recent work to Presley.
Pay rates are openly negotiable based on further information and discussion.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing from you! Cheers YEG!
Director of Social Media Relations – Urban Tavern
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract, Casual, Freelance, Apprenticeship
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Mar 03, 2019|