Associate Producer CBC Podcast - Radio & Audio - Network Talk (English Services)
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note that it is a 9-month contract position with an August 2019 start date.
CBC Podcasts is looking for an energetic and forward-thinking Associate Producer who is passionate about helping our podcast teams achieve success by creating supplementary digital content and project coordination.
This position requires someone with deep knowledge and passion for podcasting, and a proven track record of working strategically in the digital realm. The successful candidate will work closely with our production teams, creating and implementing unique digital and audience building strategies for a number of our series.
You are proficient in making digital content including social assets, online writing, audiograms and social videos that amplify and expand the podcast’s editorial, while building audiences in Canada and around the world. You bring an entrepreneurial spirit to your work, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Create, write, edit and package unique, engaging, and shareable digital media content connected to CBC Podcasts. Digital content might include: websites, articles, graphics, audiograms, quizzes, animations, short-form video, live streams, interactive platforms, etc.
- Work closely with CBC Podcast Management, Publicity and Marketing teams to flag relevant stories and events that have potential to connect our podcasts to broader trends, conversations and events in the digital realm and beyond.
- Manage relationships with various Apps and podcast platforms, delivering artwork, copy, and audio uploads for a number of different series.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a number of podcast influencers and blogs.
- Hands-on development, maintenance and growth for various social accounts under the @cbcpodcasts umbrella.
- Identify and secure new digital audiences opportunities within various CBC verticals.
- Collaborate with Communications and Publicity teams to ensure maximum visibility of CBC Podcasts around certain release days and special campaigns.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in which the candidate has been exposed to work in podcasting, and/or broadcasting, and/or digital media production.
- Strong interest in - and knowledge of - the podcast industry.
- Ability to work both independently and in group settings.
- Working knowledge of the G Suite, Polopoly, DAVE, Dalet, Adobe Suite Systems (Premiere, Audition and Photoshop), and other various photo-editing tools.
- Knowledge analyzing and learning from metrics and reports to improve performance of content on social platforms.
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms in a professional capacity.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 04, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)