Digital Broadcast Journalist
Digital Broadcast Journalist – Global News Morning
Career Opportunity: Digital Broadcast Journalist
About the Role:
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about morning television? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? We have an immediate opening for a Digital Broadcast Journalist, to be assigned to Global News Morning in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Broadcasting to the Maritimes, this live show is packed with news and information, utilizing all platforms. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join a creative team, we encourage you to apply.
This position reports directly to the Global Maritimes Assignment Editor, but works collaboratively with the entire Global News Morning team. The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Initiate and develop story ideas through contact development, research and interviews.
- Shoot, write, voice and edit news stories for broadcast and online.
- Report live for daily broadcast, using a camera and Dejero independently in the field.
- Utilize new technology and social media on a daily basis to provide video, stills and streaming video for online, social media and broadcast.
- Find creative ways to connect with our audiences and advance our goals of truly reflecting the diversity of our community.
- You’ll also be the primary backup to the show’s producer and anchor team, and will need to be comfortable stepping into either of those roles with little notice.
What we need from you:
- This position requires a proven multi-tasker who thrives on tight deadlines. You must comfortable working independently and have excellent communication skills.
- You have strong writing and organizational skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- You are able to generate innovative content ideas to maintain viewer interest, drive ratings, and improve our programming.
- You are proficient in the use of online and social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Three to five years of experience, plus a job-related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Halifax, NS, CA
|Posted:||Mar 04, 2019|