PowerBoat TV Host/Producer
The Host/Producer role is primarily focused on supporting video planning, production and execution of PowerBoat Television shoots and the video content of Lifestyle’s various properties (BoatBuys.com / Boats&Places Magazine / Corporate Shoots).
As a part of a fully integrated media company, the successful candidate will also contribute written content to the company’s magazine (available in print and digital formats) and e-newsletter as required.
The Host/Producer will be comfortable enough in his or her knowledge of boating to confidently and independently operate and review – on-camera – a variety of new and used boats to provide viewers with an informed, entertaining, expert opinion.
- Independently produce assigned segments, including researching, planning, scheduling, logistics, travel and management of crew during the shoot
- Act as on-air host and scriptwriter for all assigned segments
- Provide input and make changes as required by video editor
- Schedule, shoot, script, edit, package and upload web-only videos
- Provide written articles and supporting photography for Boats&Places magazine as assigned
- Work directly with clients to meet contractual obligations, striving to improve relationships to secure new business and develop new content
- Assist with the maintenance of all video and production equipment
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned
Lifestyle is a complex company that aims to differentiate itself in the marine media marketplace by developing and creating quality, engaging content. We maintain strong relationships with our marketing partners by providing our viewers, readers and online visitors with a positive, informative and fun experience.
The Host/Producer will be an integral part of the content development team but will be asked to work independently on most projects. Therefore, he/she must be a creative, self-motivated idea generator, with superior multi-tasking and time management skills.
We work efficiently, making the absolute most of limited resources, always working to tight deadlines. Oftentimes, this means chipping in on tasks that are technically outside the official job description. A will-do attitude is essential to earn the respect of colleagues. A can-do attitude is the only way to ensure success in this position.
This also means you’re not punching a timecard. If something is due, it’s due whether the clock hits 5 or not. There will be long, hot days out on the water, but that’s part of the job. So at the end of the day, you really need to enjoy what you do, be committed to performing to the best of your abilities and look to the people alongside you for encouragement, input and support.
Lifestyle is a small company with a flat management structure. Ultimately everyone reports to the President but works in harmony with the entire team.
- Degree or diploma in television broadcasting or a related field, combined with work experience in television production, including on-air hosting
- Comfortable operating a video camera; knowledge of Sony EX1R and PMW-320 would be an asset
- Capability with editing software and an understanding of the digital editing workflow; experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be an asset
Other Job Requirements
- Willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours (valid passport and ability to travel to the US is required)
- A passion for boating with the experience to back it up
- Hold a Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your television and boating experience as well as any other qualifications that may be relevant to this position.
- Please submit a link (YouTube/Vimeo) to hosting demo reel. If no TV experience, we will consider freshly shot reels. We want to see and hear you on camera!
- Candidates selected for an interview may be required to participate in an on-water test shoot
72 Churchill Drive, Unit 1
Barrie, ON, CA
|Tags:||television, boating, marine, host, tv host, television host, on-air personality, powerboat tv, powerboat television|
|Posted:||Mar 04, 2019|
|Closing:||Apr 15, 2019|