Corporate Communications Coordinator
Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 13,000 members across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection. Professional financial advisors and planners are critical to the economy, helping consumers make sound financial decisions that ultimately lead to greater financial stability and independence. Advocis works with decision-makers and the public, stressing the value of financial advice and striving for an environment in which all Canadians have access to the advice they need. For more information about Advocis see our website at www.advocis.ca.
The Corporate Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the identification and the communication of Advocis’ vision and key messages through multiple media channels, building the public image and enhancing the brand of Advocis to its target audiences and stakeholders. The incumbent will leverage media to enhance the profile and support the business objectives of Advocis. This is a 1 year contract position.
- Create, implement and measure digital initiatives that engage Advocis members, potential members and other audiences
- Create digital media programs that achieve measurable ROI
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain campaigns across all digital marketing and social media platforms (email, paid search, display, remarketing, social, PR, SEO / SEM, and advertising campaigns)
- Help enhance social media presence by creating and implementing an overall social media and content management strategy in support of the association’s objectives
- Monitor and report on daily activity on social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) including responding, retweeting, etc.
- Monitor and report on media coverage and other developments that have an effect on the financial services industry, including emerging issues affecting the Association and its members
- Coordinate Advocis spokesperson(s) interviews with journalists including preparing messaging, training, coaching and briefing spokesperson(s) as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Manager
- University degree, post-graduate diploma or diploma in a related field (communications, journalism, public relations)
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Proven success managing corporate social media accounts and creating social media content
- Sound judgment and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of communications practices and principles
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively under pressure
- Experience in the financial services sector is an asset
Interested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume to no later than Friday March 29, 2019.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise human resources when contacted, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- corporate social media accounts managing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 13, 2019|