Video Journalist- IqaluitFeatured
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Are you interested in finding stories that impact and reflect the people of Nunavut?
Is being creative with your work something that is important to you? Do you value your independence, enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking story ideas? If this sounds like you, then you are ready to join our award winning news team!
• Join APTN, one of Canada’s top employers;
• Become part of a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
• Use HD technology and remote transmission equipment to feed quality stories to the desk in Winnipeg;
• Allow your creativity and professionalism to shine by showcasing original story ideas that will be viewed on multiple platforms;
• Cover daily news events;
• Pitch original story ideas for APTN National News and Current Affairs;
• Excel at working independently while you get to shoot, write and edit your own stories;
• Thrive under pressure as you meet daily deadlines.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A degree/diploma in journalism or related field with proven experience or a combination of education and strong desire to learn;
• Experience with news line-up script software, broadcast HD cameras and AVID editing is a plus; however, training can be provided;
• A valid driver’s license, clear driver’s abstract, since you’ll be travelling to obtain stories to share;
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Aboriginal communities;
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology;
• A strong spirit of collaboration, dependability, positivity and a love what you do attitude.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
To join our team today, please apply before Thursday, March 28, 2019.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
|Code:||1167 - VJ Iqaluit|
1556 Federal Road, 2nd Floor
Iqaluit, NU, CA
|Tags:||Top 100, News, Current Affairs, Stories, Broadcast|
|Posted:||Mar 14, 2019|
|Closing:||Mar 28, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)