West Vancouver, BC
Theatre/Performing Arts Teacher
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Theatre/Performing Arts teacher to be a key member of our Upper School Performing Arts team. This individual will take a leading role in the continuing development of our Performing Arts programme both within and beyond the curriculum.
We are situated in one of the world’s most beautiful cities in a spectacular natural environment. We have an excellent learning and teaching environment. The Upper School is comprised of approximately 500 students in grades 6-12. Nearly all of these students study for the IB MYP and IB Diploma and enjoy a holistic, pre-university and internationally focused education with an emphasis on all four strands of education: the arts, athletics, service and academics. All students are required to meet the demands of the IBO programmes and BC provincial requirements.
Theatre/Performing Arts Teacher - Job Duties:
- Including but not limited to the following:
- Teach IB Diploma Theatre (SL & HL) in Grades 11 & 12 and an IB MYP Theatre course in G10
- Teach or co-teach courses in Performing Arts and/or other subjects (based on experience, qualifications and interests) in Grades 6-10
- Connect with and inspire students to outstanding levels of achievement in the performing arts
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of and passion for drama and theatre
- Supervise at least one theatre-related co-curricular activity or club
- Maintain a vibrant theatre programme and culture in the Middle and Senior schools, through performances, showcases, outreach, community events, etc.
- Oversee the annual Senior School theatre production
- Must meet or be willing to obtain all requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching drama/theatre to adolescents
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Education
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, preferably with current experience teaching IB Diploma Programme (DP) Theatre
The salary range for this position will be $74,000 to $95,000 based on skills and experience. This position will also include BC Medical coverage, health & dental benefits, tuition discount at Mulgrave and RRSP contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian and a provincially certified teacher or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please see our website for further information about our school and a detailed job description at www.mulgrave.com.
Your resume and covering letter should be submitted to https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/. Interviews for this position will be ongoing.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
West Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Apr 08, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)