Digital Broadcast Journalist (Anchor)
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a team of talented journalists, we encourage you to apply.
Digital Broadcast Journalist (Anchor)
Job ID: CKND1904-01
Division: Global Winnipeg / News
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Reporting to the News Director, you will be a member of the Global News team, which produces local newscasts 7-days a week and provides a continuous flow of content to GlobalNews.ca.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Daily Anchoring / Reporting for Global News Morning;
- Create original content on-air and on-line with a focus on the local editorial strategy;
- Provide editorial leadership to the morning news team, ensuring newscasts present relevant, up to the minute and accurate information.
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment;
- Constantly look for ways to create engaging content that uses a variety of creative approaches to good storytelling
- Conduct professional, engaging and well researched interviews with a variety of guests;
- Identify and book guests that are relevant to the news of the day and / or station related community events
- Report News events, including live reporting and web writing;
- Engage the public in two way conversations regularly through social media;
- Generate original and relative story ideas;
- Show a willingness to learn new online skills;
- Represent Global News at public functions;
- Required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as required;
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting;
- Experience regularly Anchoring and Producing a Newscast;
- Must demonstrate an ability to create a strong connection to the audience;
- Must possess a strong journalistic skill set including exceptional writing and research skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude;
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a teamwork setting;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc), and related applications
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation;
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed;
- The ability to write/produce web, text and manage content through social-media;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist, Group 4.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalWinnipegCareers@corusent.com by April 21, 2019
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
3000-201 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Apr 09, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|