The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Apr 30, 2019!
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time staff position as a Senior News Producer at a small market television station in Alberta. Reporting to the Director of News and Operation, the successful candidate will be accountable for supporting reporters, video journalists, practicum students and volunteers as well as producing original content, based in the market.
-Act as the assigned Producer/On Air Presenter and assistant supporting assigned Reporters, Video Journalists, Production Staff and Volunteers and other community partners as needed
-Facilitate technical transfer of programming content to VOD, online platforms and linear broadcast system
-Utilize technical and production proficiencies (Camera operation, editing, studio and control room skills, audio, graphics, hosting, etc.) to support and facilitate In House Program and Productions.
-Serve in assigned crew roles on mobile, field productions and in studio productions
-Support Company projects and productions as required
-Support Community Outreach initiatives and presentations as required
-Support online content sharing, web site initiatives and social media as required
-Demonstrate company values consistently
- Various other duties as needed
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree/diploma in Broadcast Television with 3 year’s work experience in a broadcast television environment
-Experience with new media would be considered an asset
-Must have a valid driver license.
- Proficient in all areas of field and studio production as well as on air hosting
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Goal-oriented Customer and Community Focused Team Player with a Positive, “Can-Do” Attitude and the ability to consistently apply the values of Integrity, Accountability and Balance.
- Knowledge of social media
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
|Posted:||Apr 10, 2019|
|Closing:||Apr 30, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|