S. Sutton & Associates Inc.
Title: Proposal Writer
Function: Marketing & Communications
Location: Remote, Freelance, United States or Canada
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Lead
Hours: Flexible / Part-Time / 5-20 hours per month
Apply: Please see the Join Our Team section of the S. Sutton & Associates Inc. website (www.ssutton-and-associates.com) and use the APPLY HERE button to upload your resume and cover letter consolidated into one document. Candidates will be contacted and interviewed on a rolling basis.
We are S. Sutton & Associates Inc. a philanthropic management consulting firm, serving nonprofit organizations and philanthropists. As dedicated specialists, we bring an understanding of best practices and experience across North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Our decades of experience in all aspects of strategic planning, governance and fundraising, enables us to provide ideal strategies and approaches to realize organizational success and the vision of leading philanthropists.
Built on an agency model, we draw upon a network of high performing technical experts to assemble customized Innovation Teams to meet each client’s unique needs. OurAssociates are freelance consultants who, at their discretion, accept consulting engagements and have the flexibility to work full - or part-time and from any location they choose.
WHY JOIN US?
You will be part of an international consulting firm led by recognized leaders in philanthropy. Through our unique Innovation Team Model, Associates of the firm:
- Accept consulting engagements as desired
- Benefit from an attractive compensation and incentive structure
- Revitalize their professional experience and profile
- Gain experience in State, Provincial and International markets
- Build and exciting alternative - or complement to - full-time employment
We are proud of what we have built and are even more excited about our future. If you are the right person, we are excited to share our opportunities and success with you. Our projects attract a large network of smart, team-oriented professionals drawn to an entrepreneurial and creative environment. We work hard together, play hard together, and we support Associates to be successful individually and as a team.
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and our Associates are located throughout North America. When fully conceived, the firm will have Associates in 55 cities across four provinces, 28 states and in Washington D.C. We are a supportive team of committed and compassionate people dedicated to delivering meaningful impact in the sectors we serve, fundamental to thriving, equitable societies: Education, Healthcare, Arts & Culture, International Development and Community-Based Membership and Advocacy. We are dedicated to professional advancement for each Associate, success for the firm, and results for the philanthropic sector.
The Proposal Writers play a major role in the production of high-quality responses to RFPs. They will conduct interviews and carry out desk research as necessary in the generation of editorial content, ensuring compliance with the RFP and adherence to the prospect’s stated requirements. The successful candidate will be a disciplined self-starter, able to monitor project workloads and set priorities to meet deadlines. The proposal writer must be familiar with the typical proposal process and able to work with our team to create clear, compelling, and compliant proposals that win business.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a Proposal Writer developing, writing, editing, analyzing, and resolving issues through every stage of the proposal process
- Verify that the proposal remains fully compliant with Client specifications of the RFP
- Represent the assets of the firm in clear, compelling language
- Verify that the message within the proposal remains consistent throughout, and that win themes are properly integrated
Proposal Writers who thrive at S. Sutton & Associates Inc. possess the following attributes:
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing proposals in the non-profit sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate ability to successfully accomplish responsibilities in high-pressure, high-workload environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Superb grammar and vocabulary
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe family of products
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications or a related field
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership of tasks and sound business judgment
- Contribute to the team process
- Demonstrate ability to fulfill responsibilities remotely and in a virtual environment
- Demonstrate ability to work with variable teams in diverse environments on behalf of a wide range of clients
HOW TO APPLY
Please see the Join Our Team section of the S. Sutton & Associates Inc. website (www.ssutton-and-associates.com), and use the APPLY HERE button to upload your resume and cover letter consolidated into one document. Candidates will be contacted and interviewed on a rolling basis.
Job Type: Freelance
- Proposal Writing: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
S. Sutton & Associates Inc.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 23, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)