Professor 3D Animation
The Department of Media and Entertainment in the McKeil School of Business, Media and Entertainment requires a full time Professor to teach in the 3D Animation program.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, Professors in this department are responsible for providing academic leadership for developing an effective learning environment.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a positive learning environment in the classroom and other learning spaces.
- Use a variety of teaching and learning strategies including classroom lectures and workshops, online learning, simulations and experiential learning.
- Use a variety of techniques to evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Demonstration of student-centred course design and delivery, including aspects of Universal Design for Learning and intercultural competence.
- Assess student feedback and industry trends to develop, deliver and revise curriculum.
- Engage in applied research.
The successful applicant must have:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized university or college in a relevant discipline; Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant studio experience in animation production with experience in television and film.
- Supervising experience in a field setting.
- Highly effective communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- High-level animation production experience using animation hardware/software/technologies, including 3DS Max., Maya, Premiere Pro, After Effects, 3D Coat and Mudbox.
- Minimum 5 years of post-secondary teaching experience; development and delivery of hybrid and online curriculum is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a postsecondary setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of educational technologies, including advanced LMS skills and teaching in online environments
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Hamilton, ON, CA
|Posted:||Apr 30, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)