Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a team of talented journalists, we encourage you to apply.
Job ID: CKND1904-02
Division: Global Winnipeg / Marketing
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Reporting to the News Director, you will be a member of the Global News team, which produces local newscasts 7-days a week and provides a continuous flow of content to GlobalNews.ca.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Develop, produce, write and voice a weekly community segment for broadcast and online including an expanded version for Focus Manitoba;
- Develop a strong brand identity for the weekly segment using broadcast and online opportunities including social media;
- Community Partnerships: Assist in negotiating sponsorships to support local initiatives while expanding the Global News brand in Manitoba;
- Co-ordinate community requests for on-air personalities ;
- Work with Management to develop and execute a community strategy that is reflective of Global News and the goals of the business;
- Represent Global News at public events including Hosting opportunities;
- Responsible for quarterly and annual reports;
- Develop and Maintain a large base of community contacts;
- Ensure we are meeting our commitments to our partners, work closely with newsroom to ensure coverage of our events and follow through on booking guests etc;
- Required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting;
- 5 years experience producing community related content;
- Must be highly organized and be capable of working on several projects simultaneously;
- Must have strong ties to the community with contacts and a working relationship with several local charitable and event based organizations;
- Must demonstrate an ability to create a strong connection to the audience;
- Must possess a strong journalistic skill set including exceptional writing and research skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude;
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines;
- Must work co-operatively with others in a teamwork setting;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc), and related applications
- The ability to write/produce web, text and manage content through social-media;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
This is a bargaining unit position of Community Producer, Group 4.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalWinnipegCareers@corusent.com
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
201 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Apr 30, 2019|