Mohawk Students' Association
Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Marketing and Communications Specialist at the Mohawk Students’ Association (MSA) is responsible for the development, design and implementation of marketing and communications of the Associations’ services, advocacy, events and food/beverage functions.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will focus on maximizing both the awareness of, and overall level of student engagement with the Association as a whole. This position will oversee a Graphic Designer and a small team of student staff.
This position will work closely with all MSA departments providing day-to-day marketing and communications support.
The position will require the incumbent work effectively and foster a cooperative relationship with students. It is important to note that by nature of the organization, the incumbent will need to thrive and adapt in an ever changing industry.
Scope and Nature:
This position provides services to several different areas of focus throughout the organization. Governed by an elected board of student leaders, the MSA provides student representation, value-added essential services, special events, food/beverage operations and institutional facilities for more than 14,000 students at Mohawk College. The Marketing and Communications Specialist function within the MSA spans a wide variety of areas, as follows:
- Student Services
- Special Events and Student Engagement Activities
- Student Clubs
- Food, Beverage and Catering
In cooperation with the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for providing high quality customer service to all MSA Staff, Board Members and Mohawk Students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Marketing and Communications Specialist consist of a wide variety of responsibilities. These duties may be modified as needed, as directed by the Executive Director. Current functions and duties are as follows:
- Oversees a team consisting of a Graphic Designer and three (3) student staff members in the design, development and implementation of organization-wide communication.
- Planning and execution of various program (area specific) campaigns utilizing a diverse set of channels including print, digital, social media, web, and digital signage.
- Supports the design, development and implementation of all communications materials including print, digital, web and video, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains processes to provide accurate and timely information to students and other stakeholders by responding to online and social media inquiries and comments.
- Develops and implements a social media strategy to engage students through the MSA’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as supporting social media accounts associated with MSA food outlets.
- Leads the development and implementation of communications campaigns associated with Student Government, Student Services, Events, and Food, Beverage & Catering operations.
- Responsible for leading the content creation and planning for the MSA’s internal digital signage network.
- Works with the Graphic Designer to maintain all ‘www.mohawkstudents.ca’ website content.
- Collects and reports on social media analytics to evaluate the success of various communications tactics and improves engagement.
- Participates in internal and external committees and functions, both formal and ad hoc, as required to increase opportunities and partnerships focused on communications and student engagements activities for the association.
- Develops and maintains a data-collection and member feedback systems, tools and reporting organization-wide.
- Provides assistance to the Executive Director in developing presentations and other communications.
- Ensures the entire organization maintains brand guidelines, graphic design and communication standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Completion of a post-secondary program related to Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a similar field
- Minimum 5 years related work experience, particularly in a communications role
- Minimum of 2 years management or supervisory experience is required
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communications skills
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced working knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience with website content management using the WIX platform
Demonstrated skills and experience in the areas of:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of a wide range of communications tools and social media platforms
- Creativity, rigor and strategic thinking
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with graphic design principles, layout and the production of
high-quality print and/or online and website design and maintenance
- Strong ability to manage various tasks simultaneously
This position is entitled to the following comprehensive compensation package:
- Access to a health and dental benefits plan
- Paid vacation and additional vacation for college closures
- Paid sick days
- Discounted Campus Gym Membership
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- related work/communications: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Mohawk Students' Association
Hamilton, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 13, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)