Full-service Design, Digital Printing and Promotional Products franchise in Windsor, is seeking an experienced individual that has pre-press, graphic design and digital print background in a print-for-pay graphic design environment. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
We require great detail and organizational skills. Your duties will include digital printing, graphic design, submitting files to vendors, working directly with customers, working directly with press operators and being part of a cohesive team. Experience with Xerox, Konica Minolta or similar digital printers (aka Digital Presses) using command workstation is a must. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR PRINT EXPERIENCE.
PREPRESS / DIGITAL PRINT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to manipulate and create files as graphic design using Adobe CC software, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw, Microsoft tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
- Must know how to set up pre-press files for printing, colour calibrating, imposition, creating bleeds, crops, etc.
- This position will also consist of sending jobs to print. Must have knowledge of RIP systems, trapping and colour separations.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills a must.
- Ability to read and understand job tickets for specific instructions.
- PC knowledge.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and give great attention to details.
- Read digital print production work order and job ticket for specific instructions
- Design / impose / layout digital files for printing
- Send proofs to customers when required
- Print all approvals and include in job jacket with a sample
- Follow up with proofs daily
- Run jobs as per work order
- Place samples and all information into job jacket
- RIP digital files to offset printing plate system
- Ensure colour separations and trapping for offset printing
- File artwork using the unique archiving system in place
- Answering overflow phone calls
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Required)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Windsor, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 15, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)