Porte Parole Theatre
Porte Parole - a Montreal-based documentary theatre production company that creates and produces plays about current social issues - is seeking an energetic and motivated Producer to join its team.
Reporting directly to the Artistic and Executive Director, the Producer will develop and manage the financial and operational planning of the Company’s productions, plan the Company’s production programming, as well as develop and maintain partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Company’s production teams and ensure production-related timelines, deadlines and tasks are completed on-time and respect allocated budgets
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller, manage the development, implementation, tracking and follow-up of all budgets and projects
- Produce and production manage Porte Parole’s productions, including local, provincial, national and international tours.
- Act as the primary liaison to our partners.
- Manage scheduling and touring arrangements.
- Supervise and/or execute the successful and timely negotiations of all artistic and production contract engagements, including but not limited to actors, directors, playwrights, designers, stage management and production personnel.
Job requirements :
- Fully bilingual (French and English, spoken and written).
- A minimum of 5 years experience in producing and or production management.
- Familiarity and experience with applicable industry labour agreements.
- Experience with production budgeting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to manage several dossiers at a time, while meeting deadlines and deliverables.
Permanent position - full time - From Porte Parole’s offices in Montreal Compensation: the salary commensurate with experience
To apply, please email a detailed resumé and cover letter.
The job begins in early August 2019.
Deadline: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Porte Parole Theatre
4949 Clark St. #128
Montreal, QC, CA
|Posted:||May 26, 2019|