Radio Host (English Services)
- Stay abreast of news events in the areas covered by the program and maintain ties with different sources.
- Do the research necessary for interviews and other program activities.
- Write or adapt program scripts and, as needed, program promos.
- During production meetings, participate in choosing program content and determining program planning.
- Host programs (read prepared scripts, improvise, and ensure a smooth link between the various program segments).
- Carry out taped or live interviews. Perform basic editing tasks for radio.
- Converse with program collaborators on air. Host debates and phone-in shows.
- Prepare, write and present theme capsules (weather, cultural and community calendar, etc.).
- Participate in other programs. Serve as a narrator. Occasionally host special programs.
- Present and read news headlines and bulletins.
- Tape promos or read them live.
- Provide live commentary of special events such as parades and sports and music events.
- Research and choose music as needed.
- Take part in public relations activities on behalf of CBC.
- Perform the duties of commentator-interviewer as needed.
- Carry out all other related tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or the equivalent.
- Five years of on-air experience or the equivalent.
- Fluent in English.
- Very good knowledge of French.
- Extensive general knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs.
- Good grasp of interview techniques.
- Excellent diction and delivery.
- On-air presence and ease.
- Able to pronounce foreign names and words.
- Able to analyze, synthesize and think critically.
- Able to discuss a topic clearly.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work within a team.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Montreal, QC, CA
|Posted:||Jun 03, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)