Directors Guild of Canada
This position is responsible for the administration of the Directors Rights Collective of Canada including but not limited to handling royalty payments to DRCC membership, wire transfers between societies as well as research on Canadian film and television production, NDD/DRCC communications, and administration.
1) DRCC Royalties Administration 75%
- Receive and record all incoming wire transfers from foreign societies
- Research and validate information with foreign collectives and confirm that entries on lists supplied by foreign collectives are Canadian and that the DRCC is entitled to collect royalties.
- Follow up with collective societies and reconcile distribution lists.
- Track annual society payments and consult with the Senior Manager, NDD and DRCC on any inconsistencies
- Communicating between societies for misallocated funds
- Determine allocation of payments
- Input royalty payments to members on an ongoing basis and populate payment charts
- Generate annual report for Health and WelfareContributions.
- Assist the Manager in creating the annual report to theBoard
- Coordinate annual mass mailing of royalty payment cheques.
- Prepare annual paperwork for tax exemptions according to tax treaties with the various countries with which the DRCC has reciprocal agreements
- Assist with the on-going maintenance and testing of the DRCC database
- General administrative duties: file, take minutes, receive and distribute mail forDRCC
2) DRCCMembership 15%
- Enter DRCC member and credit information into database
- Contact the membership to verify that contact, banking and credit information is current
- Validate the information collected to ensure integrity of database.
- Input director credit information into database
- Supply director credit information to foreign databases IDA &IPI
3) General Duties 10%
- Provide support to the NDD buyout administration
- Provide event support as required
- Complete special assignments and other duties as may be required from time to time.
- DGC Awards coordination and travel booking for Awards juries
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College diploma in Administration or a related field.
- Three years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Advanced level in MicrosoftExcel
- Competent in other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
Directors Guild of Canada
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jun 10, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|