Production Manager 3D
Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our team!
Do you consider yourself an adaptable team player? Are you the type of person who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves to stay busy?
As the Production Manager on this awesome new 3D series, you will assist the Producer in overseeing the production process, creating the departmental schedules, and managing members of the production crew to keep this show running at full steam! We are looking for someone who is incredibly organized and calm under pressure, passionate about the details, highly communicative and excited about joining a talented team of industry professionals working to create some of the best quality kids’ content in the business!
You will get to:
- Manage and organize all departments assigned and supervise the Production Coordinators for those departments
- Oversee the production’s progress, review reports, and flag any issues to the Producer
- Review all script and animatic notes and ensure that the team is balancing priorities and responding in a timely manner
- Work with Producer and Production Coordinators to create detailed plans and break downs of tasks for the team, ensuring the project remains on schedule
- Ensure all production work meets studio standards and is completed within the established deadlines
- Maintain the Directors’ schedules
- Liaise with clients, partners and vendors
- Monitor crew attendance and manage vacation requests
- Maintain communication with out-of-house freelancers and ensure timely delivery of their assigned assets
- Communicate with IT and Studio Operations regarding required work stations and software for the production crew
- Manage seating plans
- Assist supervisors with performance reviews
- Have your “finger on the pulse” of the production floor
- Other projects and tasks as required
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 1+ years of experience as a Production Manager on an animated television series
- 3+ years of experience coordinating production for animated television series
- Knowledge of the 3D animation pipeline preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge in Shotgun
- Experience with Post Production an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or Certificate in relevant field (e.g. Entertainment/Media) an asset
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and motivating a talented and diverse crew
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Strong ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Love cartoons as much as we do!
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jun 10, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)