Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Riggerto join our team!
As a Rigger, you will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor & Lead Rigger to create versatile character rigging systems and animation interfaces to be used for animation of 3D characters and props.
You will get to …
- Rig 3D assets (characters, props, sets, etc.) to achieve the intended animation performance
- Use skinning and other deformers to achieve the intended performance in an efficient manner
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
- Collaborate closely with design, modelling and shading to best achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Communicate with the studios rigging supervisor on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Meet the rigging production deadline by communicating with production and support rigging TDs
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in television or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in Maya
- Knowledge in Python
- Good understanding of rigging and deformation techniques
- Good understanding of animation process and needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills relating to character rigging and animation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen or other simulation systems is a benefit
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jun 24, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)