Senior Animator 3D
Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Senior Animatorto join our team!
DHX Studios Vancouver is seeking a Senior Animator to join one of our awesome 3D productions! As a Senior Animator, you will have exceptional character animation skills and considerable experience in 3D animation for broadcast television or feature film productions. You excel at creating high-calibre, dramatic and action-oriented character animation, while at the same time meeting production deadlines.
You will get to:
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create high quality animation sequences as assigned by the Lead Animator/Director
- Demonstrate a strong sense of performance, physical motion, posing, timing and weight, including lip sync and camera composition
- Block movements in rough animation, refine and polish to completion in final animation
- Complete assigned animation within scheduled timeframe
- Work with Animation Director and leads to ensure animation adheres to the style and vision set out by the Series Director
- Work closely with the team to create balanced solutions to any related technical and aesthetic issues
- Train, mentor, and motivate the animation team, and recommend any crew training needs to Lead Animator
- Be aware of what is happening on the team at all times and identify obstacles to the Lead Animator
- Assist in anticipating, communicating, and troubleshooting any creative or technical issues
- Ensure and maintain the quality, style and continuity of animation with available resources and within scheduled timeframes
- Keep current on animation techniques and technology
- Ensure the Lead Animator/Director’s instructions are carried through in the animation team
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Lead by example and set the bar for animation quality
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- A solid proficiency in 3D animation programs such as Maya
- A strong understanding of general animation, character animation, and lip sync
- A strong compositional skills
- A basic understanding of character rigging
- A solid understanding of character posing
- A strong understanding of basic human kinetics and real world physics
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Encouraging attitude towards feedback and new initiatives
- Ability to adapt to multiple animation styles
- Openness to direction and ability to embrace change
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Degree/diploma in animation or equivalent is an asset
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jun 24, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)